Arjan P

Soundaholic
From
Netherlands
Website
www.soundbyte.nl
Gear owned
DM3200 IFFW
So me and my buddy from the band have been busy the last lockdown months with a Beatles project. He is the guitarist, and since the band hasn't been together since last October (after which session 3 of the 4 members came down with Covid-19) we decided that while the band may be in winter sleep, we still could make music. He's been a fan forever amd we decided to do some songs from the early Beatles days, and the first one finished was Here, There and Everywhere.

Acoustic guitar was recorded with a Studio Projects C1 plus the piezo pickup. Electric guitar (Fender Strat) and Bass (Fender Precision Bass Special) went directly into a TL Audio C-5021 tube compressor and then to the DM. Vocal mic used was my go-to mic, Neumann TLM-103. Finger snaps were a sample from an earlier recording, drums were programmed with Groove Agent in Cubase 11, and the french horn was done with HALion (also in Cubase).

Here it is: https://soundcloud.com/soundbytestudio/here-there-and-everywhere Hope you like it, and any comments are welcome!

I like how you made it sound more period-correct than not.

Do you take requests?

Reactions: Arjan P
I like how you made it sound more period-correct than not.
Do you take requests?

Yeah, it's a bit of a compromise. We aim for the same feel as the original, but won't pan drums left and vocals right, as an example. A request can always be made, but no promises..

Reactions: -mjk-
Excellent cover Arjan. As an avid Beatles fan and someone who watched them on the Ed Sullivan show ( yeah I'm that old ) this was really well done!!

Reactions: Arjan P
Thanks Jim, it is great fun doing these - and good to hear people like it.

Reactions: -mjk-
OK so my guitarist partner wanted to create 'something video' and put a number of photos tohgether in this video of Here, There and Everywhere. I must admit it's better than a static picture on Youtube...

Reactions: Mark Richards

New threads

Members online

No members online now.