Best TASCAM product

thefirstalan

Gear owned
TASCAM DR-60D
I once lost my audio after several hours of recording because the TASCAM DR-60 was not stopped properly and the SD card was taken out too soon. I was unable to recover anything from the SD card. Are there any products that would "auto-save" my recording as it goes along? It seems like a tape player would be more useful to record in this situation.

I would also like to be able to have full adjustment of the audio without having to change the gain in the middle of a talk.

I don't own a DR-60, but it would surprise me if it doesn't have this fundtion: On my DR-100, I can set the memory block of audio that should be saved during recording. The term used here is 'maximum file size' and on the DR-100 it can be set between 64MB and 2GB. This means that with a long recording, you get chunks (files) of max 64MB for example and only could lose the last one being recorded if something goes wrong. The setting is under 'REC SETTING' here - maybe different for the DR-60, but it should be there somewhere I'm sure.

Thanks! From looking at the manual, that looks like a great solution!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.