Blinking lights

Jerome Williams

Veteran
Gear owned
DM3200
Hello,
I'm new to the forum and new user of DM3200.
Let me start by saying that I purchased this used and the LCD is unlegiable. There's a bunch of line through it so I need a new LCD I know. But my main questions is this.
I plugged it in to make sure it's working. I can see that the name scrolls through the screen although it's through lines and can't be read.
The faders move all to one position, all the channels light up and the goes through a cycle, then rest. But all the "FS" lights and "EXT CLOCK" lights keeps blinking. Is this normal ?
Is it because it needs instructions that can only be seen on the LCD screen, need to be linked to something or it's in a state from the previous owner which would also mean adjustments via LCD screen???
Anyone's help would be greatly appriciated.

@Jerome Williams Probably not the answer that you were looking for. You are pretty much flying blind at this point. That being said, one of the first things that I would do is to do a factory reset of your DM. You really don't have anything to lose. I'm sure that you can find instructions on how to do that here or via Google. If your main board isn't fried I don't see why you would continue to see flashing lights. Then I might consider replacing the LCD with the 2Seemy solution.

Thank you for your reply.
If the main board is fried, would all the faders and everything else light upand work? Seems strange. Also, where can I get the 2Seemy solution? I heard about it but can't find it.

@Jerome Williams Alright, maybe "fried" wasn't the best choice of words. Perhaps, I should have used Problematic. Power supply. Could be a number of things.

http://www.2seemy.com/

It appears that the site is French only at the moment. A language that I am familiar with. So, if you have any questions, fire away. BTW, I installed and am using the 2Seemy solution.

How do I get 2Seemy solutions and how does it work. I need help. I'm trying to get an LCD but it's not looking good at the moment.
I rebooted and something I did was able to stop them but I'm sure it wasn't right. I do however, think I reset it.
All the fader on bank 1-16 and 17-332 are now in the off positin. Before 16 was all up 32 all down so hopefully that worked

@Jerome Williams Let's begin with the obvious. The cost of the add-on is approx. USD $230.00 - CDN $305.00. Installation is pretty straightforward. Patience is required.

The alternative would be to purchase a compatible LCD like the one that is in your DM at the moment. You may find vendors on fleaBay. I believe that I may have posted my results here some time ago. I also purchased a great little 7" monitor to go with it. Photos may be available here as well.

@Jerome Williams This is a very bad start with a new mixer. In your position, I think I'd contact the seller and try to get your money back - even if he told you about the LCD screen, this is not right. And there should be much better used DM3200s on the market.

Reactions: Jerome Williams
I have contacted him. Hopefully I can at least get half back. It was on Fleabay. $200. Figure I will give it a shot. I found a new LCD for $150-200. If that’s the only issue, I’ll be happy

Ah, okay. For $200 I guess it can be expected to be not fully functional - and he may have told you it wasn't in working order? I doubt the LCD is the only issue though... In any case, like Peter says, you can keep it for parts and get another working one.

@Jerome Williams With all due respect the $200.00 should have been a huge Red Flag. Consulting with the fine folks on this forum could have helped prior to the acquisition. Too late to cry over spilled milk. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade! Best of luck.

So what I’m gathering is it can be something other than the screen even though all the faders, lights, buttons work? Bummer... Well if I can get the LCD and hooked up, I will find out for sure.

@Jerome Williams With all due respect the $200.00 should have been a huge Red Flag. Consulting with the fine folks on this forum could have helped prior to the acquisition. Too late to cry over spilled milk. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade! Best of luck.
It will have to be sugar free. Gotta watch my carbs...lol

The seller said that the screen was flickering when you turn it on. I asked did it clear up after a while they said yes. But as Peter said, $200 should have been a giveaway. I guess I will get the screen and go from there. I appreciate your help. I will let you know what happens either way...blessings!

@Jerome Williams If the seller can assure you that the DM worked perfectly when he sold it to you, then you might consider spending a few bucks on a display solution. In fact, I would ask the seller if he would be willing to cover the cost of the display if the DM proves to be defective / problematic after the replacement. Just an idea. Good luck to you. Have a great weekend.

I’m asking for a full refund because all the flickering lights might be an issue. It wasn’t shipped very well. Just in a big box, no padding whatsoever. I tried to upload a picture but I can’t

So what I’m gathering is it can be something other than the screen even though all the faders, lights, buttons work?
Well, the horizontal lines through the LCD is a known issue that many of us have dealt with and it is a separate issue of the display itself. I'm more 'worried' about the flickering lights, since that sounds far from normal. You'd normally see all lights and lighted dials on the mixer flash up right after startup and then they take their last known state and stay there.. Let us know how you go!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.