Bounce to Bounce

Doodle46

Veteran
Gear owned
Recorder, Guitars, Keys
I realize this sounds unusual, but I have a Bouncing question:
Q. After bouncing the first time, can I bounce an already nominated Bounce Track to a new nominated bounce track? I guess we could call it a “Piggy-Back” bounce.
I’ve forgotten what brought this up, but I ran into a scenario that brought this idea to my mind. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Sure.
I haven't tried it but as far as I know a bounced track is just like any other track afterwords.

Reactions: Doodle46 and Dunny
As far as know you can bounce as many times as you like , but there must be a limit to sound and quality me thinks

Reactions: Doodle46
That was also my thinking, but at the time, I was in no position to be experimenting. If I find that it works, and is useful, I will post an update.
I wish I could remember why I thought about doing that. : ) LOL

Reactions: Dunny
THAT is a good point, Dunny! I wouldn’t think that doing it more than once would be necessary though.

Happy bouncing keep us posted haven't yet progressed to that facility yet , there seems enough tracks for me , i am also a retired , and play guitar

Will do, Dunny. Cool! I put-in many “on the road” guitar years, but age & disabilities finally put the brakes on for me. Recording gives me a great alternate outlet for playing though.

Pretty much how it was always done when we only had four-track tape.

That's the beauty of the digital Realm. You can bounce just about endlessly with very little if any loss of quality. And with this many tracks to work with as well as virtual tracks the limits really are just your imagination and patience.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
I don't think there would be any degradation of sound quality.

But I have to wonder if one of the other functions might not be more of what you are looking for. Like Clone. Depends on the details of what you are doing.

I can't remember exactly... But I think Phil Tipping does a demonstration in one of the videos where he shows little to no degradation with repeated bouncing.... or something to that effect anyway.

Reactions: Doodle46 and Dunny
Tascam should be supplying Mr Tipping a wage !! His videos are ideal for a Tascam novice like myself , and a great source of knowledge to the user for reference and advice . Well Done Phil , you are a star mate .

Hey, JRC. Where do we go to donate $ to Phil. I’ve searched, but no luck.

Reactions: David Porter
In the "description" area of each youtube video he has this:

This tutorial has taken a lot of time & effort to put together but is offered free, without adverts, for anyone interested. If you've found it useful and wish to donate anything, however small, it would be much appreciated. My PayPal address is patipping (at) gmail (dot) com - I have no affiliation with Tascam.

So... go to PayPal and send to: patipping@gmail.com

:)

Thank you, Phil. Now, I admit, I am a little bit embarrassed for asking the question. I recall watching Tutorial 9, but obviously, I wasn’t paying close enough attention. My tendency has been to watch as many of your tutorials as I can, so I guess I try to absorb too much, too quickly.

Well my voice has been described as many things on those video comments - Bagpuss was one! so I'm not surprised you 'zoned out' :) Best to watch a bit, then do some hands-on for a bit, and so on... it's difficult to take it all in when there are so many options - as I found out when I first started the project... just a couple of videos I thought :)

New threads

Members online

No members online now.