Bouncing, mixing itb.

Antony

Gear owned
Dm4800 msr16
Hi.
I mix itb so whats the best way to bounce the final mix in logic without having to change all my logic cannel outputs back to stereo output, so I can use the bounce function in logic.

I have a lot of outboard but stem that back to logic., and do my headphone mix, control room and live room feed is all from the dm.

Is there some way to render all your itb tracks to a single stereo file? (That's probably what YOU are asking) but if you mix itb, then you should already be hearing your mix through some type of stereo track from Logic.
Or,
If everything is going through the DM, track to channel, then why not just mix in the DM, then assign the stereo output back into logic on a seperate track.

If everything is going through the DM, track to channel, then why not just mix in the DM, then assign the stereo output back into logic on a seperate track.[/quote]

This sounds more like it, so you'd suggest sending it all to a buss and assign that to the logic

I think what he's saying is, assign two available SLOT OUTPUTS from your DM to FEED the STEREO SUMMED MIX back to LOGIC.

This can be done by:
On DM - hit:

1. Routing/OUTPUT SLOT (3rd tab)
2. Choose two available outputs - say 31/32

In Logic:

Create a new STEREO TRACK. Assign its inputs to RECEIVE signal from the DM outputs 31/32

Hit RECord in Logic, then mix to this new track. (Even better if you can do this via DM Automated Mix.)

CaptDan

"This sounds more like it, so you'd suggest sending it all to a buss and assign that to the logic"
Yes. The stereo buss in particular. Rout exactly as CaptDan suggested. I use 31/32 over FW myself for the DM's stereo output. Put that into a stereo track in logic and record that.

Ok, so I source select stereo buss to a stereo channel.

Not sure what you mean here. What you do is hit SEL on each DM channel where you have an input from Logic assigned and then find the "STEREO" button, at the top of the mixer, and select it so it's lit. Go through every channel and do this. That will assign each channel to the STEREO buss. Now, go to routing/OUTPUT SLOT, and find two FW output channels you are not using. Assign STEREO L and STEREO R to the two FW outputs and send those into a stereo track in Logic. (Exactly as CaptDan wrote). ARM/Record that track while playing back the others from Logic. Now you have a mixdown.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.