Can not import WAV files with DP-24SD

I am having a different prob importing. Nothing is showing up in the Audio Depot folder at all. I've successfully updated to the latest firmware. I've (mistakenly) imported whole song folders into the song list. Now when I go to import .wav s into the audio depot, nothing shows up in the machine.These songs were created in Zoom R8 and Tascam 12. I can't bear to lose them and have to start them all again from scratch. Any help appreciated.
I've created two new songs with 24 and 16 bits to cover both, awaiting import.
file names look like this:
01_DiamondVene_TR08

Last edited:
Audio Depot is a folder on the SD card used for importing/exporting individual .wav tracks that must conform to the parameters identified in the pinned sticky thread referenced in 2 previous posts. (here's the sticky thread post in case you missed it).

The Audio Depot function on your portastudio accesses the Audio Depot folder on the SD card.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, I have been reading this.
The files appear to be in the Audio Depot folder when I am looking at it on my PC, but when I disconnect USB and look on the unit, it's File not found.

Reactions: Mark Richards
Last edited:
I've just now changed them all to 8 and 10 characters. Still same problem, nothing in the units Audio Depot folder.
ah, maybe i need to remove the underscore...

Nope. did not work.
changed some names to .wav and some without, neither one worked.
tried wav from R8 and wav from model 12.
tried all combination of sample/bit rates empty song templates -> audio depot, no difference.

Last edited:
I was attempting multiple songs but for narrowed it down to one song at 44.1 / 16 bit. (It's an older R8 song and I was recording at lowest settings then)
On the DP I have made different blank songs at 44.1/16 and another at 44.1/24 just to try for the other songs.
3. I open the 44.1/16 song in the DP24, not sure if this is a necessary step.
- I connect the USB to PC
- once connected, the window pops up on PC. I drag my song files into the Audio Depot folder on PC. Once I tried the files from the R8 and once tried the files from the T12.
- I disconnect the USB using prompts in the DP24.
- I open audio depot folder in DP24.
- It IMMEDIATELY says File Not Found. It seems to not even make ANY attempt whatsoever at locating any files.

I just received the used unit today - perhaps I got a dud?

1. If the individual wav files are placed in the root of the Audio Depot folder (and not a subfolder) on the SD card, and
  2. The SD card is 32mb or less and TASCAM tested/approved, and
  3. You've updated to the most recent firmware, and
  4. You've followed the caveats in the sticky post, and
  5. You've loaded on the portastudio the song meant to receive the individual wav file tracks, and
  6. The sample/bit rate is the same for both the song and the files to be imported,
  7. Then you should see the files available for import as soon as the portastudio Audio Depot screen comes up.
If this gives no joy, then the only other thing to try is formatting the SD card using the portastudio Format function and starting the process over.

Last edited:
Ok it worked with a different song!
I guess it didn't like the other song. I am going to try them all one at a time and see where it gets stuck.

Reactions: -mjk-
It works when the sample rates match and the filenames are correctly formatted. Now you just have to figure out what's different about that latest song, and then propagate that to the other songs.

They all imported!
One song won't transfer the 3 drum tracks. ? It says Can Not Import
705Kbps
Drums came from Zoom R8, recorded onto the T12, so I think basically a T12 .wav file.

Even if the bit number (16 or 24) and sampling rate is correct there are some different WAV formats. It needs to be "signed XX bit PCM" to work with the Tascam DP.

Maybe this has already been mentioned in the thread, but I didn't see it.

Reactions: dctdct and -mjk-
They all imported!
One song won't transfer the 3 drum tracks. ? It says Can Not Import
705Kbps.
705 Kbps correlates to a mono 16 bit 44k1 wav file bit rate. Maybe you tried to import as stereo? I don't know these machines well enough, but maybe this helps.

Yes, you are right - it turns out that the drum sections of two 24 bit songs were done in 16 bit. So my songs are divided. Is there any workaround to convert these tracks? I have Reaper though I'm not proficient at it.
The files are all lined up and in sync so I'd have to start the song from scratch otherwise.

alright, im just going to rerecord the drum tracks and use the editing jog wheel function to line up tracks.

You should be able to easily load these 16/44 tracks in any audio editor and then 'Export' or 'Save As' 24/44 files. I don't know Reaper, but I'm sure it's possible there too.

Drag the file into Reaper and render it in the resolution that you require. Very easy.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.