Can't Mount Drive IBM/Seagate

If you are using a scsi drive that was taken from a server, and the drive was partitioned, the MX can't mount it as it will see it as a strange sized non-compatible drive. What you need to do is plug it into a computer with a scsi card and format the drive on the computer removing the partition. Having said that, some drives I have bought (second hand) have never worked but because I get them for almost nothing I don't care.

Alan.

The famous Alan to the rescue :D Thanks for still taking the time to answer Q's about the MX24!

Last edited:
Just a thought, I looked up the drive you have and it says it's a 73G drive, is that correct?

For an MX to run a 73G drive the operating system must be updated past the first operating system version. I would make sure it has the latest operating system installed. Also if you are using MX view you also need to have the latest MX view installed if the latest OS is installed or you can get problems.

Alan.

Also looking at the pinouts for the drive, I would try it with no jumpers installed at all, this would give an ID of 0 and all the settings should be default. Just to see what happens. have you got the LED indicator light connected? Is it the right way round or on the wrong pins? If connected try without it.

Alan.

Sounds like a drive that's too large to me, or a drive that just doesn't want to play nice with the 2424.

+1 on giving it a go with no jumpers.

Note that once formatted on your computer there is no need to format on the 2424. You will need to initialize it so it will create the 2 folders (TL Projects & TL_Imports) and database file (TL_WAVEFORM_DB-1). Once you have successfully initialized on the 2424 you can back the file up on your computer and avoid initialization after formatting in the future by creating the folders yourself and dragging a copy of the DB file onto the SCSI drive. Works like a charm.

If the drive you have doesn't work out, I can give you a list of the various drives/cases that have worked for me over the years.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.