Can't turn off effects

Vern ee

Gear owned
dp 32 ds
Hello , I hadn't used my dp32sd in a week or so , but when I plugged in my guitar last night it sounded
like it had a tremolo , I was running it through ditto 2 , but then plugged it in direct and still had the tremolo
effect , all effects were turned off , I tried everything , but it still sounds the same , any one have any ideas
what this might be ?
thanks
Vern

Hi Vern, the fx options are fairly complex and they don't get reset when you create a new song so all I can suggest is you go through all the effects (guitar & send) and mixer settings (send levels) and turn things off. Would strongly recommend taking the time to prepare a 'clean slate' song which resets everything - see this post. Let us know if you crack it.

Just a few more thoughts... if it's definitely a tremolo effect you're hearing, this suggests it's one of the Guitar Insert effects. Are you sure you've disabled this? When you press the Effects button, it may show you the Send effects screen so you need to press Guitar to get into the other set.
Presumably you don't have any external effects units connected to the Send outputs, and that the Monitor Select is set to the stereo bus?
Also note the insert effects have a track no. associated with them displayed on top right of screen. You can also turn Insert effects on/off in the Mixer screen, but this too is track dependent. This is why you have to be careful about starting in a known state (clean slate or otherwise). If you've just listened to the factory demo song, it will have all sorts of effect settings on various tracks to showcase the machine, so if you then create a new song, it will retain all these settings. When you switch the machine on, it will load the last song loaded, so your 'initial' settings will be governed by this.

I should have time to work with it tonight , thanks for the info , I'll let you know one way or the other.

O.K. I turned the unit on, plugged my guitar in direct , no internal or external effects at all
everything worked great , I changed no settings , Then I plugged into my Ditto 2 recorded a little
again no problems , I thought I was on a roll , so I plugged in my mic through my TC Helicon harmony singer and everything sounded like it was going through a tremolo again ? The guitar part I recorded didn't change , I plugged the Harmony singer into each input with the same tremolo effect , Turned the unit off , plugged my mic in direct no problems ????? seems like any external effect of any kind triggers this problem , and the unit has to be turned off and re set to work properly , I'll work with it some tomorrow , after I calm down (lol )

Vern

Sounds bizarre! Would have thought an audio input was an audio input, so whatever it sounds like shouldn't affect the machine's behaviour.... although re-reading your last post more carefully, you say you plugged the mic in direct after switching the DP32 off and it was ok, whereas everytime the mic goes through the Harmony unit it has tremolo... so surely the effect is coming from the Harmony (when the harmony unit is tracking pitch, it can sound like tremolo, or if it's like the VoiceWorks unit, there's an actual vibrato control).

Last edited:
I swapped out my sd card , problem solved , this is the second time I've had to do this , but for
a different problem the first time , guess I better buy a spare card and keep it on hand,

New threads

Members online