Connecting DM 3200 to MacOs High Sierra 10.13.6

Gear owned
DM 3200
Hello there is anyone using their DM 3200 on their MacOS High Sierra thru the USB port only. I’ve hooked mine up and nothing is coming up not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if I have to download anything?

Thank you in advance for your advice

Last edited:
@José Gómez Cordoba Yes I am. What happens when you launch TMC Companion. Tell us a little more about your setup and what you have tried up to this point.

Hey Peter

I don’t have any software on my MacBook if any is needed. I just connect the USB cable into the MacBook but nothing happens doesn’t ask if I need to download anything. Am I needing to download a software in able for this to work?

Last edited:
@José Gómez Cordoba Yes there is software to install. Drivers for example and the TMC Companion software could be helpful. Especially when updating drivers. Please read other posts here in this sub-forum. There have been an abundance of posts on this subject.

Peter I’ve downloaded software from the Tascam website but seems to not be working. There’s a couple of options but none have worked for me

@José Gómez Cordoba "downloaded software" Can you be more specific please. And, what have you done with the downloaded software?

@José Gómez Cordoba Are you using the IFFW-DM mk II Fire Wire expansion card? If so, I believe that you should be using firmware 1.10.

Peter no I don’t have that card I’m using the USB output on the back of the DM 3200. Will I need that card for me to be able to connect them?

Peter I’m trying just to see if some how I can link the DM 3200 to the MacBook. Like for me to be able to control it I don’t have protools or any of that software.

@José Gómez Cordoba I believe that you will still need to install the proper drivers for the 3200 at you Mac

By any chance Peter do you know what software or what to download off the Tascam website? I’ve tried but when I downloaded nothing ends up working.

Last edited:
@José Gómez Cordoba, you need to understand, that the usb port is not an audio output. You can use the usb together with the TMC Companion software to backup your sd card in the mixer or for metering and firmware upgrade. The usb can allso act as midi in/out to use your mixer as controller for your DAW software like Logic X, Protools, Appleton Cubase or whatever. Suggest you read the mixers manual to inspire you on how you will like to work with the mixer.

Reactions: Peter Batah

New threads

Staff online

Members online