Connecting Stereo Effects

derekdf

Hi folks,

Newbie here. Feel free to send me to another post since I’m sure this has been talked about. I own a Model 12 and I’m trying to send my signal through an SPX90 and back to the Model 12 7/8 stereo inputs. I’ve connected the aux1 output to the input of the SPX90. Ive then connected the L output and R output of the SPX90 to the L and R input of channel 7/8 on my Model 12. I’m getting signal and sound, but I’m hearing the SPX90 from one side. It sounds like one of the stereo signals isn’t going through the channel. When I connect the SPX90 to channels 5 and 6, I hear both the signals from the SPX90. What’s the fix? I’m using balanced TRS cables for all the connecting.

I would check the pan pot on 7/8 and make sure it's centered.

What happens when you use 9/10?

Both 7/8 and 9/10 have the same problem. I'm only hearing one side of the stereo delay. I've tested the pan knob in the center, left and right. All the same still. Is there any links or videos on setting up stereo fx in the stereo channels for the Tascam Model 12/16/24? I'm sending your standard mono trs cables from the L and R output of the SPX90 to the L and R input jacks of the stereo channels of the Model 12

The strange thing about that model is how the Left side of the signal goes into the combo jack, while the Right side goes into the jack below (as indicated by the connecting lines on the back panel from the combo jack to the 1/4" jack). That doesn't seem to work, but when you use the combo jack inputs for 5 and 6, those do work. I have no idea why. In the meantime, I would use channels 5 and 6 (panned Left and Right) and get some work done.

I turned the Model 12 off and on and now it works fine thanks for the help MJK!

Reactions: -mjk-
Oh, well I didn't do anything, but I'm glad you got things working now!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.