Displaying Pro Tools Track Timecode/Locate Position on Dm4800 with Mu1000 Meter Bridge

Chris Caton

Gear owned
Tascam Dm4800 Mixer
Hi

I've just got hold of a dm4800 with firewire card and mu1000, bridge. I'm running pro tools 11 on a mac.

All is going well so far with control and audio however I would like to display the Pro tools time on the MU1000 bridge. I can't find a way to do this, can anybody help please?

Chris

@Chris Caton Hello Chris. I am curious to know if you were successful in setting up the timecode in the TMC app.

No, maybe this is what I'm missing? What setup are you referring to?

@Chris Caton Are you familiar with TMC companion. If so, you may have noticed a menu item entititled Timecode/Transport under the Window heading. In order to get that functioning properly you will have to go into your Preferences menu. I am assuming of course that you have a USB cable plugged into your DM.

Thanks so much, that might well be what I'm missing, yes im running TMC and have the USB connected fine. All the remote and transport control work fine and audio is all good via firewire. I will check the TMC later on, are they any setting needed in pro tools?
Thanks

@Chris Caton Unfortunately, I am not using Pro Tools. However, I imagine that it would be very similar across most platforms.

@Chris Caton You may also want to check out page 55 of the Tascam DM-4800 user manual. It's been a while but I believe that the meter bridges timecode display may require midi.

Ok I will have a read, no joy yet having played around in the TMc settings

it works! sort of ..... I now have the TC displayed on the mixer and meter bridge but it lose lock all the time and juders. i have noticed that in the automation screen on the DM , the frame type toggles between none and 30ND, ( which is the pro tools session settings) , it must be losing this setting somehow. Any thoughts gratefully received

New threads

Members online

No members online now.