DM-4800 - My new MIDI Instrument Controler?

wesleyfurr

Gear owned
DM-4800
I've had my DM4800 only a week. Using it with Cubase 7. I'm up to 80% working now.
Strange problem - If I have a MIDI instrument track in Cubase project and touch the DM faders or transport, the MIDI instrument plays a note. If you move a fader for MIDI instrument track. The MIDI instrument slowly or with fader, changes pitch.

One more,
If you are in "Remote Layer" and recording a track and accidentally or intentionally touch another fader other than the track recording the recording jumps tracks to the one you touched ruining the recording. The same thing will happen in Cubase if you click on a different track by accident while recording, but you can use the Mixer faders just fine. The touch sensitive faders of the DM selects the track before it fades. This ruins the recording.

Any help will be appreciated...

Wesley Furr

First problem: you've got something routed in your MIDI screen that's sending MIDI NOTE DATA to Cubase. It's a matter of 'unplugging' a MIDI pathway in your DM's midi screen. (If you upload a screen shot using TMC, we may be able to find the issue.)
There was a detailed post about this issue earlier this year; I'll try to find it.

Second problem: If you have 'Fader Touch' enabled in Cubase and the DM, and you're in RECord mode while the transport is running, whatever fader is touched will cause that channel to go into RECord. Solution: don't touch any faders while tracking, or just DISable Fader Touch in Cubase and in the DM.

CaptDan

captdan said:
First problem: you've got something routed in your MIDI screen that's sending MIDI NOTE DATA to Cubase. It's a matter of 'unplugging' a MIDI pathway in your DM's midi screen. (If you upload a screen shot using TMC, we may be able to find the issue.)
There was a detailed post about this issue earlier this year; I'll try to find it.

Second problem: If you have 'Fader Touch' enabled in Cubase and the DM, and you're in RECord mode while the transport is running, whatever fader is touched will cause that channel to go into RECord. Solution: don't touch any faders while tracking, or just DISable Fader Touch in Cubase and in the DM.

CaptDan

GO CaptDan!!!

Thanks CaptDan!
Don't know why but by disabling Arm Record on track selection in Cubase not only fixed problem two, but also problem one No MIDI notes and no jumping tracks. I'll take a two fer.

wesleyfurr said:
Thanks CaptDan!
Don't know why but by disabling Arm Record on track selection in Cubase not only fixed problem two, but also problem one No MIDI notes and no jumping tracks. I'll take a two fer.

I don't think you've actually fixed the problem - which is essentially the touch-fader feature. It's selectable; it can be toggled on/off. You'll likely need 'arm record' again, in which case you run the danger of accidentally arming tracks by touching faders.

My guess is, you still have a MIDI note pathway enabled in the DM and when Touch Fader is enabled, it sends that stream to your DAW. Cbase receives touch sensitivity via an MMC stream. If you can find the source of the MIDI/Note triggering, you can unplug it from the MMC commands received by Cbase.

CaptDan

The note issue: it's not a DM issue but a Cubase setting (I sometimes forget too and play 'music' with the transport controls): At the inspector for your MIDI track, just disable 'All' for your MIDI input and select your keyboard or whatever..

New threads

Members online