Does Track Clean Out Delete Virtual Tracks?

JSchmo_Bass

Veteran
From
NJ, USA
Gear owned
Model 12, DR-40X
The manual is slightly unclear but hints that performing a track clear purges any virtual track that is not the “active” one loaded up onto the physical track. Is this the case? Kinda hope not.

All the editing functions work on the currently active tracks.

Reactions: Mark Richards
Thanks, that’s great. So unloaded/non active virtual tracks are preserved.

Reactions: -mjk-
Yes, the unloaded tracks are in limbo basically. You can't do anything with them until you load them.

Very clear. A good design choice overall IMO as it prevents a user from deleting or recording over tracks.

Of course all things are a trade off - if one wants to clean out all tracks including the virtual layers without deleting them, then one has to make a few “passes” across the board, loading new active layers VT2, VT3, etc and hitting the clean out each time.

I am thinking this is also where having a track sheet can really help.

If one wants to clean out all tracks including the virtual layers without deleting them then one should export them via audio depot and safely park them on another storage device.

It's more about organization than it is "limits". Which, I agree, is where track sheets become very helpful. :)

BTW - are we talkin about the Model 12 or the DP-24/32(SD)? Or does it matter?

Very clear. A good design choice overall IMO as it prevents a user from deleting or recording over tracks.

Of course all things are a trade off - if one wants to clean out all tracks including the virtual layers without deleting them, then one has to make a few “passes” across the board, loading new active layers VT2, VT3, etc and hitting the clean out each time.

I am thinking this is also where having a track sheet can really help.

That's why I made a track sheet with virtual tracks and made it available on the forum.

DP series only. Model series has neither virtual tracks nor a clean-out function.

At least in terms of what is possible to view, the Model series only ever seems to have a single standard WAV file per track at any given time, so nothing to clean out.

Last edited:
Reactions: David Porter

New threads

Members online

No members online now.