DP24-SD Newbie Questions/observations

joeereid

Gear owned
DP-24SD
Hi everyone. Moving into the Digital realm from the analog world. Just got the DP-24Sd
Q#1. Tried downloading the firmware update but can't get it to open on my iMac( no application available), any suggestions on how I can get it to open? Assuming I could open it, can I just load it onto a Flash drive and then run it from the computer down at the studio? The studio is 15 miles away and that computer is not connecter to the internet.
Q#2. Was trying out the compressor on the kick + snare inputs last night. No I/O metering??? So were just supposed to toggle between the Home screen and the Dynamic screen to see the results? Just trying to get some peak limiting out of it to keep the signals from clipping due to drummer's " inconsistencies".
My plan for this unit is to do all the basic tracking on the DP24 and then move the files into Reaper for mixing. I like the "tactile" layout of the DP24, makes initial tracking a breeze vs mousing my way around on a computer screen just trying to set assign/trim/fader parameters.
As a complete rookie in the world of digital interface/DAW recording, prepare yourselves for even more "stupid" questions to come....thanks

Read the release notes. You don't need to "run" anything. Copy the file (the one with the version number as the file extension) into the UTILITY folder on the DP's card, then start the DP according the release notes. It'll recognize the update file and begin the process.

Can't help with the rest as I only record acoustic music with no drums. (No way I'd care to mic and record a set of acoustic drums)

I'm using Reaper for mixing, then back to the DP for mastering (it's just easier).

New threads

Members online