DR-05X micro SDHC card

Duncan Baker

Gear owned
DR-05X
I have a Sandisk 32Gb micro SDHC Card but my Tascam only allows me to slecet 2Gb. Any ideas please?

The DR-05X Reference Manual says (page 59) that you can use a MicroSDHC card of 4GB to 32GB. You should be able to just insert the card and format it to prepare it for use (page 17).

I'm not sure what you are trying to select. There should be no reason to "select" anything to use or format a card. It should just format normally if not over 32GB (or defective).

Thank you. It is definitely a brand new SanDisk 32Gb SDHC and it formats quite happily to 32Gb in the PC. When I put it back in the Tascam, it asks me to format the card (to give it the Tascam file structure) but it only indicates 2Gb.
Grateful for any further advice.

I have just tried another brand new card - same problem :(

Ehm, could this 2GB be the maximum size PER file? Meaning that with a continuous recording the recorder changes to a 2nd file as soon as 2GB is written?

Reactions: -mjk-
Thanks Arjan. I don't know is the honest answer! I can select a smaller size but not a larger one. I have emailed support - we shall see. Thanks again.

Arjan may be right. Check your user manual. Page 20 shows how to set max file size. Various sizes are shown with 2GB as maximum (and default). The notes at the bottom say if the max size is exceeded during a recording, it will automatically continue in a new file.

Reactions: -mjk-
Thanks guys.

I have received the following from Tascam support - a very prompt and useful reply:

Thank you for contacting Tascam U.K.

The 2GB capacity displayed is the maximum file size that can be recorded at one time - this is set by the WAV format.
Once this limit is reached, the unit automatically and seamlessly creates a new folder and recording
To view the card capacity and what space has been used, you need to go into the information screen on the unit.

Kind regards

Jo Fialho
Tascam U.K Support

Reactions: Arjan P and -mjk-

New threads

Members online