DR-40 help

Itsasylum

Gear owned
Dr-40
Hey guys and gals I just got a DR-40 for our podcast. I plug the two xlr mics in and can hear them through the headphone . And they even sound great when I record. However I cant seem to get both the mics to come in center. Ine mic comes in to the right and rhe other to the left. Can anyone help?

The recorder will record each microphone to a separate track. By default you will hear the left track in your left ear (and vice versa) when using headphones.
Works great when recording music, etc., but it's distracting when recording a conversation between two people!

You should be able to adjust the left-right balance for each channel by using the Mixer function (page 90 in the Reference Manual, or page 94 in the Owner's Manual).

The manuals both say:
"The mixer can be used when recording, in recording standby, playing back, paused or stopped."

Last edited:
I'll try and see if I can change the balance while listening then. Because I tried to do it while it was on standby mode. And tho it seemed to center the audio. When you put bith mics on C it makes them become really sensitive no matter how high or low the gain is. Causing it to sound terrible in the headphones. It also gets extremely low.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.