Exporting very large files

Patrick Bergin

Gear owned
none
I'm in the process of trying to export a very large (1 1/2 hr) 7 track session to the depot in order to transfer the .wav files to my computer for mixdown. The thing seems to be hung up at 3.5 gb/11... at least that's what the screen shows, maybe I'm mistaking the purpose of this readout.

Has anyone else had this problem? How long do you think this should take BTW?

I can't help, unfortunately.

But I did want to chime in on roughly the same subject.

Just recently I have been attempting to export individual track files - simply selecting the files in the Audio Depot export screen and executing the function. So far, with anywhere between 2 tracks selected and 11 tracks selected... when I first try... it seems to be working and then comes back with "Export Failed". When I look in the Audio Depot folder one or more of the tracks are in there and are complete and trouble free. But usually only one or two. If I keep at it for several attempts (one at a time) it seems to suddenly start working glitch free. Multiple tracks all go together no problem - and without the "Export Failed" message. The manual mentions this message but doesn't offer any explanation or solution.

Weird.

Patrick - are you sure it's hung? Jimi - I've not seen fails during export. Can only suggest the card is at fault, in which case a re-format may help. If not, you may have to try a different card. Are you on the latest firmware?
The 2 numbers shown are the size of all the tracks you selected for export, and the amount of free space on the card. I don't remember seeing them change once the export process is running - just the spinning reels. I've just exported an 8-track x approx 3-hour session which generated 8 x 1.4GB files in AudioDepot. Can't remember how long it took but could easily have been half an hour to an hour.

Thanks, Phil.

As soon as I get a chance I'm going to spend a little more time trying to understand this glitch. I also suspect it may be related to the card.

I'll report back any progress with this.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.