Firmware Update from iPhone 11 Pro

NikMuso

Gear owned
DP-32SD
Has anyone had any success using a Lightning to USB Micro cable? I am trying to figure out which to buy...

In the modular synthesizer world, manufacturers such as Mutable Instruments make firmware updates so painless, I wonder why only the French are on to this?

P.S. New DP-32SD owner here (special thanks to Phil Tipping!!!), loving the quality of playback and sleek feeling interface. Striping master clock with my Roland SBX-1, and shredding everything I've got is a blast!

How you get the firmware file to the SD card is irrelevant, but the DP machines update from the SD card only.

mjk: After some googling, it seems the Tascam instructions were wrong. USB is not the way, thank goodness.

I used XDisk reader/writer utility and accompanying app to unzip the 1.08 firmware and save to the Utility folder on the SD card that came with my DP-32SD. I held the Mute+Undo/Redo buttons upon powering on, and it took the update then turned itself off. I am waiting for it to power back on, however, it has been several minutes...

Edit: Booted up. All good!

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.