Headphones for recording

zozoe

Gear owned
388, MR16 1" tape,
Hi all & hope all are well!! As I enter back into home recording, I'm in search of a set of headphones that I can use for extended periods of time. Having previously owned a 24trk home studio, I've been through the AKG's & the DF's, which now that I look back, weren't too weighted or uncomfortable, though things got a little hot,, but kinda accurate. So, with accuracy & comfort, in that order, what's out there to use with my 'in the mail' 24 trk digital workstation? My present living situation, though near perfect, leaves me a small window where I can do some loud 'pleasure' listening,,, So, what's the latest that won't require a 2nd mortgage.
Thanks in advance~

An important question to ask is: do you need isolation from recording sources or not? That decides your main choice between closed back or open back type of headphones. Though there are pretty good ones in both types, generally speaking open back headphones have a better, flatter frequency response.

Personally, I recently bought the AKG K712 Pro and like them a lot. They are open back, I like their sound very much (not much emphasis in highs or lows) and you almost forget having them on after a few minutes: Super light and comfortable! I use them for mixing mainly, I have other closed back headphones for recording.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.