Hi Everyone!

mijama

Gear owned
DP-24SD
Just wanted to pop by as a new Tascam user and say hello!

I've been running a full setup in Reaper for the last few years, and it works amazingly well. It's great for everything - except writing! I found myself constantly going down endless rabbit holes with plugins and virtual instruments instead of actually getting some work done. Not to mention all the other computer-related distractions (work email, social media, etc.). Sigh...

After doing some research, I finally decided to pull the trigger on a used DP-24SD. Got it for a great price in mint condition on Reverb. I binge watched Phil's videos (a great intro to the unit!) and found this forum as well.

I absolutely LOVE this unit. It was just what the doctor ordered! It is a far more focused work environment for me, and I've made some big breakthroughs on some pieces I'd been struggling with, now that I'm forced to make music with my hands and ears, and not my software and eyes! (I know, right?) I've found the limitations of the machine to actually be quite helpful creatively. I've been forced to be much more intentional and committed with my decisions, and it's been an absolute blessing. Getting the hang of using the virtual tracks and bouncing down sub-mixes to work on top of has been a real eye-opener as well. I love getting to know this machine and figuring out ways to create on it! At first I assumed I would just send everything over to the DAW for mixing and mastering, but now I'm not so sure. I may just do everything inside the unit, since it sounds so good.

Thanks for everyone's expertise here. It really helped me get up and running fairly quickly. See you around!

Mike

New threads

Members online

No members online now.