Horrible ground loop ?

Bronze Gannon

I honestly am surprised after 4 years+ this has still barely any videos diagnosing user experience but I digress. What is this horrendous noise that has recently made its way into this machine. Had it for years now. Only complaints are the sticky buttons and shitty pots littered throughout this thing. I digress, I was at namm 2018 when this came out, not expecting to find much support from the good ole boys at tascam but before I scrap this pos I figured I would post this here as a record. In the video you can see exactly what I’m talking about with respect to issues I have seen other report with how wild levels can jump toggling back and forth from pfl or hitting virtually any singular button on this unit. This has been my experience from day 1. Was not a huge deal once you got things up and running. But you can see in the video I press then *giggle* the sd main mix return button and toggle 2 very different results from the same settings. I have to upload a link to a YouTube ? Or Facebook to post a video? On this forum. Pass. Def going to use the forum as a barometer for dollars next time this is broked

Sorry, this is not a video hosting site. So yes, links to media are required.

Reactions: Max Relic
I honestly am surprised after 4 years+ this has still barely any videos diagnosing user experience but I digress.
Did you look in the "User Videos" sticky thread? Plenty of "user experience" there.

Did you even take the time to review the sticky threads at the top of this forum before creating your thread? Or make a forum search first?

What is this horrendous noise that has recently made its way into this machine.
Most likely you've somehow screwed up the signal chain routing, connections, or have a bad cable.

Had it for years now. Only complaints are the sticky buttons and shitty pots littered throughout this thing.
Sticky buttons; poor pots? You probably let dust and humidity/moisture get into the switches and pots.

I digress, I was at namm 2018 when this came out, not expecting to find much support from the good ole boys at tascam but before I scrap this pos I figured I would post this here as a record.
Don't scrap it. Just FedEx to me.

In the video you can see exactly what I’m talking about with respect to issues I have seen
This isn't a hosting site. If you want us to see your video, post it on a hosting site and link to it.

other report with how wild levels can jump toggling back and forth from pfl or hitting virtually any singular button on this unit. This has been my experience from day 1...I press then *giggle* the sd main mix return button and toggle 2 very different results from the same settings.
Please link to the threads/posts on this site that have reported "wild levels when toggling". A case of not understanding signal flow? Have you reviewed the Block Diagram and Level Diagram found in your OM?

BTW, It's spelled "jiggle"; and why would you jiggle any switch or button? But I digress.

I have to upload a link to a YouTube ? Or Facebook to post a video? On this forum. Pass.
Perhaps you'd like to donate to this pro bono, private site's owner so he can purchase the storage and bandwidth he'd need to accomodate *you*.

Def going to use the forum as a barometer for dollars next time this is broked
I have no idea what that means. But feel free to indulge yourself.

BTW, your stream of consciousness post was difficult to read. As you can see, I had to separate it into multiple segments in order to make any sense of it. I suggest any future posts be better parsed and make use of standard writing techniques like, you know, paragraphs. But I digress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max Relic and -mjk-
What is this horrendous noise that has recently made its way into this machine. Had it for years now.

In an attempt to return to the original thread, apparently you have a ground loop that has recently made it into the machine for years now. Ground loops are always caused by external connections and most of the time can be eliminated or significantly reduced by application of methodical troubleshooting. Basically one disconnects things one-at-a-time and observes the results. Another method is to completely disconnect everything from the mixer and start with a baseline of quiescent noise and then add connections to the mixer, noting the results. At some point you will most likely find the one thing that is responsible for the noise when connected. Also note that mains grounding can also introduce noise so I can be useful to use ground lifts or even establish a star grounding system between pieces of equipment to drain off the noise, depending.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.