How do you record with the Tascam US 16X08 ?

KnuckleHead

Gear owned
Tascam US 16X08
Everything works in my case. I can record but I just don't know how to lower the output of whats already recorded in other tracks, so that I can mostly hear what I'm playing when recording a new track.

I've sent them a couple of technical assistance request for at least a tutorial, but to no avail. I've owned this interface for just about six weeks and I'm very disappointed with their technical support. Its non-existent.

I replied, but rescinded my reply after I thought about it further. I originally thought that you were asking Tascam for instructions how to operate the DAW software, but I realized that this is related to the onboard mixer. If you can locate the volume controls for the individual tracks on the mixer, that would solve the problem. Do you have the software interface installed?

Yes it's installed and it was related to the interface panel software. Thanks for trying to help, (I saw your rescinded reply). I got the answer in another Tascam forum. It was not a matter of volume controls and had nothing to do with my DAW. It had to do with the routing on the panel settings, (software interface). Unfortunately the level of support is severely lacking from Tascam. I never received any response from them. And yes, owning several types of interfaces I have had tutorials on how to use them from their makers. Thankfully in another recording community there was someone willing to help and my problem is now solved. Thanks again...

Reactions: -mjk-
Sorry for the mis-interpretation of your issue. Glad you find the answer and can get back to work! Routing.... Yes, in many situations that can really be daunting.

I also apologize for not giving you a proper welcome to the Tascam Forums!

New threads

Members online