Ideal Routing for USB interface Trouble shooting

day32

Gear owned
model 12
My goal for routing is as simple as this but yet I am struggling.

8 Inputs through the mixer> 8 tracks recording simultaneously in my daw(Reaper)> play back through the Main output L/R to my studio monitors.

Currently play back happens through input 1 and creates awful noises and feed back when my tracks are still armed in reaper. which sucks...I'm trying to route this playback audio away from any of the inputs as I bought this with intentions of using all 8 inputs....

I'm aware that Asio has virtual outputs you can set up on your computer? maybe this is the pathway to the solution ? I'm trying to keep things simple

Thanks for any help with this.

Multi-channel USB connections can only be done with the ASIO driver. Otherwise, you're on Windows WDM and it's 2 channels in/out.

Couple of random thoughts for you: Channels 1 and 2 are the default for computer input but I believe you can define any channel as the input. Also, doesn't the mode switch help prevent this problem? And what is the feedback loop? Is there a microphone on that can hear the monitors, for example?

^ I think when I was messing around trying to figure things out routing I created a feed back loop with the I/O's ...this is my first mixer and interface with more than two channels....so...learning curve.

Anyway I solved my issue sort of ...my error was not routing the outs on reaper for my stems...everything was defaulting to channels 1/2 on the master and causing me a lot of confusion. Now I have independent control over each channel without having to play them back through CH 1/2

Going forward I'm going to try an figure out how to route my computers audio(Youtube, spotify..etc) away from channels 1/2 and directly into the main as I'd rather not move the switch into PC mode every single time.

My assumption on how this will work

Computers Audio>virtual port with ASIO driver> Mains L/R

Maybe I'll document my noob learning curve in here

Dear day32,

I have the very same challenge like you with Model 12 and Studio One.

I am very interested about your solution to use all input channels from Model 12 during use of Model 12 as Audio interface and the possible playback options.

Regards Frank

Going forward I'm going to try an figure out how to route my computers audio(Youtube, spotify..etc) away from channels 1/2 and directly into the main as I'd rather not move the switch into PC mode every single time.

My assumption on how this will work

Computers Audio>virtual port with ASIO driver> Mains L/R

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but i used "Asio Link Pro" to route programs to separate channels (with fader control) without using a DAW. I know with is program you can then route the audio back into your DAW but i a haven't gotten around to figuring that out.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.