IF-FW/DMMKII beta drivers for DM3200/DM4800

FWIW, if there are programmers out there who would know how to create a 64 bit driver for Monterey, i would be interested in paying for the service. If enough users follow suit, it might make it worthwhile? I would pay as much as $100 to get a working driver

Could somebody upload the best driver for DM3200, for checking if some problems I have are related to the driver F8 I have...
Cheers

Greetings everyone, my IF-FW DM-MKII has been causing blue screens ever since the 20H2 Windows 10 update. I was unaware of the beta drivers and I feel like it might solve my problem. Would someone kind enough upload the latest drivers for me? Thank you! :)

Hi Pineline,
I do have bluescreen problems with last windows10 too....
Did you solve this problem and if so, could you upload the driver which working well?
Cheers

Hi zerascal, I found the 176851 driver on page 22 of the thread. As I understand this is the latest driver version available. Here is the link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/u5fqfiqo7m7jetp/IFFWDMmkII_Setup_176851_Release.exe/file

Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem. Still getting the same PFN_LIST_CORRUPT blue screen when installing the latest Windows updates. I have to resort to rolling back to the previous Windows version but it is only supported from Microsoft for the next couple of months. If anyone here knows a way to fix this, it would be of great help. Otherwise, this seems like the end of this product and I would have to find a replacement.

Reactions: MoastaDub
Tascam DM series works with Windows 10 latest version as of April 2022. I know because I'm redoing anew PC build. If you get blue screens then there is a problem with another driver or hardware setup. My board is a Gigabyte Z690 Aero D with an Intel 12900KS 64GB RAM and 2 M.2 SSD drives. I'm using currently Apple FireWire to Thunderbolt adapter for the Tascam. I got it to work with reasonable latency. No blue screens or the like. Windows 11 using latency mon had high DPC latency after about a minute of use so I went back to 10. I'm sure I could get it to work in 11 but I don't have the time to troubleshoot 11 right now. I will in the future. I do confirm the latest driver works in 11 as well.

“I'm using currently Apple FireWire to Thunderbolt adapter for the Tascam. I got it to work with reasonable latency”
two questions on the statement
First, how does the latency compare with the dedicated fire wire card?
Second, I have a thunderbolt port on my motherboard. Can I do the same thing as you? Can you outline a few steps or link?

Hi David,

Well, this is a new motherboard and I only tested the Apple Thunderbolt FireWire adapters and not a dedicated FireWire card. The latency seems okay.

Yes, you'll need both the Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter and the Thunderbolt 2 to FireWire adapter. Then a FireWire 800 to 400 adapter. Your thunderbolt port on the motherboard should be version 3 or 4. I have 4. You will also need the legacy FireWire driver for windows 10. Do not use the one installed by Windows.

Hi zerascal, I found the 176851 driver on page 22 of the thread. As I understand this is the latest driver version available. Here is the link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/u5fqfiqo7m7jetp/IFFWDMmkII_Setup_176851_Release.exe/file

Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem. Still getting the same PFN_LIST_CORRUPT blue screen when installing the latest Windows updates. I have to resort to rolling back to the previous Windows version but it is only supported from Microsoft for the next couple of months. If anyone here knows a way to fix this, it would be of great help. Otherwise, this seems like the end of this product and I would have to find a replacement.
I'm getting the PFN List Corrupt BSOD with that driver as well I have the other driver versions and am testing but it could be tied to DAW as well. Send me your mini dump crash file (google how to if you don't know) Also system specs ( Use Speccy) And I'll take a look for you.

1. In this use case the newest driver is not necessarily the best for your specific setup there are 4 total 165078, 172407, 175081, 176851 try them each out and see which one is more stable. 2. just because windows is officially not supporting an OS doesn't mean you can't run it for years without issue (I'd recommend offline to avoid security issues) it isn't a Mac it won't stop running programs lol so worst case scenario create a stable pc build with whatever vers of windows works and call it a day if you need all the new bells and whistles buy a newer computer for your day to day needs you don't have to bin the DM :)

UPDATE I've tested all of the drivers and still get the BSOD I surmised a possible issue with the onboard pcie card and removed the legacy windows firewire drivers and replaced with the TI driver. Problem seems to be solved haven't tested enough to be sure but I'm seeing performance improvements in my DAW on initial plug in load and haven't experienced any BSOD's ...yet. I'm thinking the issue maybe with the legacy windows driver as other members have reported the Tascam (fw card) driver is stable on their builds. I would suggest updating the windows IEEE 1394 driver to the TI compliant host controller driver and report your findings. Good luck, Cheers!

Last edited:
I asked Chat GPT4 and this is what is said

Converting a 32-bit Tascam DM-4800 IF-FW/DMKII driver to a 64-bit version is a complex process that involves expertise in programming, hardware design, and the specific hardware requirements of the device. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as just modifying the existing driver to make it compatible with a 64-bit operating system.

There are a few things you could try to make the existing 32-bit driver work on a 64-bit system:

1. Enable "legacy" mode: Some 64-bit operating systems, including macOS, have a "legacy" mode that allows 32-bit drivers to work. To enable this mode on macOS, you can follow these steps:
  • Click on the Apple menu and select "About This Mac"
  • Click on "System Report"
  • In the left-hand menu, click on "Software"
  • Look for "64-bit (Intel)" in the list of applications and drivers
  • If you see "No" next to the driver you want to use, then it's not 64-bit compatible
  • If you see "Yes" but the driver isn't working, try enabling legacy mode by opening the Terminal and typing the following command: sudo nvram boot-args="arch=x86_64"
  1. Use virtualization: You could run a virtual machine with a 32-bit operating system, such as Windows XP or 32-bit Linux, and install the 32-bit driver within the virtual machine. This would allow you to use the hardware with a 64-bit operating system. However, this solution is not ideal for real-time applications or low-latency audio recording.

2. Contact Tascam support: Finally, you could reach out to Tascam customer support and ask if they have a 64-bit driver available, or if they have any recommendations for getting the hardware to work on a 64-bit system.
Keep in mind that modifying hardware drivers can be a complex and potentially risky process. If you're not comfortable with advanced computer troubleshooting, it's best to seek the assistance of a professional who has experience with this type of issue.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.