Import/export MX-2424 files on Mac?

mdloomis

From
Auburn, CA
Gear owned
MX-2424 DM-3200
I've been using my MX for years as a stand alone system (also have a 3200 mixer), but I would like to finally consider connecting to the outside world. I want to be able to import and export tracks digitally. The only way I ever hear about doing this is by using MX-View on a windows machine old enough to be compatible with the software. Is this really the only way? Is there any hope of accomplishing track import/export on a Mac?

Thanks,
Michael

You can run MXView on a Mac. The only way to import & export files is with MXView. I sometimes do realtime transfers using an RME Raydat card over ADAT. If you use MX View over ethernet it is painfully slow .......... Leave it going overnight type stuff

Do you mean MXView will run on a Mac if you emulate a Windows OS, or do you mean it will run on a Mac native?

Looking at the legacy mx2424 page on Tascam.com, it looks like there’s a MXView version for the Mac.

I am not sure you can run mx view on the newer mac operating systems. We have the work around for windows but I don't think it works on mac. However it costs nothing to try.

You could buy (get for free) a crap old windows machine or laptop running anything from 98 to XP and download the files through that and transfer to the mac?

Alan.

Everyone-
Thanks for the replies. I’m pleasantly surprised that Tascam is offering a Mac version of MX View. (I don’t think that was always the case). I’ll download and try it.

They have always offered MVview on a MAC as far as I know. I specced an MX for a studio when you could still buy them new about the time the world trade centre buildings came down, & I'm pretty sure they were running it on their G3 or G4. Also the documentation for MxView has mac screenshots in it as well as Windows. I think you probably need something that old to run it though .......

Last edited:
You can always transfer files easily & fast by connecting your hard drives to & from your computer via a SCSI PCI card or if using SATA via a usb connection or caddy. Make sure your files all start & end at the same point, you can use tape mode convert on the MX2424 to do this & do the same in your DAW.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.