Is it true that the TM-D4000 Automation software only works on Win 98?

Discussion in 'TASCAM TM-D Digital Mixers' started by tommacman, Oct 17, 2014.

1. tommacman

tommacman New Member

Gear:
    TM-D4000, DA-88, SY-88
    New to the Forum and have a TM-D4000. Is it true that the Automation software only works on Win 98, SE or ME? I see the software files are on the Forum for download. Also, are there any options for using a PCI-based MOXA RS-422 card (CP-132) rather than the original ISA-based card (the MOXA CI-132). I don't have an ISA-bus PC anymore and would hate to have to buy one just for the Automation feature...
  2. RedBus

RedBus Respected Member

PCI based Moxa card should work OK, I think we switched over to them at the end. As long as the card came with drivers, you should be OK. And yes, the app only works on Windows 98/SE/ME.
    Moxa provided a library for apps to talk to their cards, that was radically changed for Windows XP, and wasn't available until way after we stopped making the mixers.

RedBus.
  3. Bulmo

Bulmo New Member

Gear:
    TMD4000
    Hi , I am new user of this beatiful machine ,I recently rescue it and I want to use under cubase using the automation software , the question is , is able to use it with a MOXA CP 114 ?
    Many thanks in advance .
  4. RedBus

RedBus Respected Member

CP114 should work OK, but we never had one for testing. You'd need to make a custom cable for it though.
    Bulmo likes this.
  5. Bulmo

Bulmo New Member

Gear:
    TMD4000
    Hi many thanks for your fast response ....and how must be done ?
  6. Bulmo

Bulmo New Member

Gear:
    TMD4000
    I need and answer about this custom cable , please.