Loss of quality after recording

sandro

hi , ihave dp24 sd.
after having recorded and applied compressors and equalizers in the export there is a loss of compression and volume.
I have another question , inside of my unit do not find in the mastering section NSD tool " NOISE SHAPER DITHERING "

i record and mastering at 24bit 48khz

To clarify, this is my take on what is happening:

• You make a recording on the DP24
  • You use mixdown/mastering to mix down the recording
  • You than run compression and EQ on the recording after mixing it down
  • The copy of the recording on your computer does not have the compression and EQ applied
If that’s the case, keep in mind that, after adjusting the mastering EQ and compression, you have to re-record the master file by hitting record + play and listening to the entire song while compression and EQ get applied to it.

Yes, it’s a PortaStudio quirk, like the one that you need to arm a track to hear an incoming signal, and when playing (not recording) with an armed track, you hear both the track you would record over and the instrument that would record over it.

Quick question Sam; you run compression and EQ during mixdown/mastering, is that correct? And you still have to re-record the master file by hitting record + play? Where do you record it to? Create another track? Or a virtual track? Or same track just re-recorded?

Thanks for the help!

Answering a old post, maybe will help. After getting the eq and compressor the way you want press record again to apply the settings to the master. Make sure to turn the eq and master off after this step before playing it back or the master file will be double eq and compressed. Next connect the DP to your computer via usb and copy the master to your computer. The master file is found in the Music folder "Name of your song" folder

Yes, it’s a PortaStudio quirk, like the one that you need to arm a track to hear an incoming signal, and when playing (not recording) with an armed track, you hear both the track you would record over and the instrument that would record over it.
That's what the "REHEARSE" button is for. It mutes the recorded track playback while monitoring the new input (when in play mode with track armed).

New threads

Members online

No members online now.