Mic A less sensitive than Mic B

pdadda

I purchased a new DP008ex, and I noticed that I get very different recording levels with each of the two built in mics. Both are set at the same "high" level. If I play acoustic guitar directly in front of the unit with both mics armed and at the same preamp gain level, the signal is about half as hot on input A. I can get a usable volume out of Mic B, but not really Mic A. Is this normal or a quality control issue? I like the unit in general, but I'm wondering if I got a lemon and need to exchange it.

I had to look this thing up as I am not all that familiar with these digital devices. If you supply the unit with a like signal to both mic ins as in a Y cord XLR, you could then determine if there is a problem. From looking at this device and the $150 price tag I have to think it is made in China and you know how their quality control is.
Just ask a person with a 122 Mk II capstan motor problem.But I fix them with real caps.

That's almost certainly a lemon that slipped through - the Y-cord trick Skywave suggests won't work since the problem is with the built in mics. Nothing you can do about that. I'd get a replacement from the shop you got it from.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I sent it back in for an exchange. Looking forward to getting the replacement.

Just a quick note to say that I received the replacement unit, and it does not appear to have the same issue.

Reactions: Arjan P

New threads

Members online

No members online now.