Model 12 Livestream Video and Audio to Facebook Live, with effects

Discussion in 'Model 24/16/12' started by CLane.Studio, Jan 11, 2021.

1. CLane.Studio

CLane.Studio New Member

Boston, MA
    Gear:
    Model 12
    I’ll start by saying, sorry if this is posted somewhere already. I couldn’t find the answer. Has anyone setup the Tascam 12 to stream to Facebook Live? For not, I just want to stream quality audio for a mic and guitar. I’d also like to run the onboard effects on the mic. I’ve had some success but doesn’t seem right. I also don’t get any of the recorded effects when I listen back to the Facebook recording. I was under the impression that I could live stream a whole band as well. Do I need OBS software? Will stream from my Windows 10 laptop and or my iPad. Any help y’all can offer would be greatly appreciated? Thanks.
  2. -mjk-

-mjk- Moderator Staff Member

Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
    Gear:
    DP-32, | 2A Mixer, A3440
  3. CLane.Studio

CLane.Studio New Member

Boston, MA
    Gear:
    Model 12
    Thanks MJK! No my head is seriously spinning. This is my first mixer and interface, so wrapping my head around that post is gonna take some time. No really sure how I go about assigning channels to FB live or teams, headphone monitoring for mic and guitar, etc. I will continue the research and experiment. One thing, do I need OBS to do this? Oh, and I know I am using ASIO drivers, for what it’s worth.
    -mjk- likes this.
  4. -mjk-

Gear:
    DP-32, | 2A Mixer, A3440
    I don't know. I mean it depends upon what you want to do. If you have a green screen and lots of scenes and clips, then you need some kind of broadcasting software. If all you need is your webcam and a single audio source (the console) then, the web interface should be good enough (if FB has a web interface - I don't know about that).

I stream to FB and 3 other platforms simultaneously with a mobile RTMP encoder (PRISM Live Studio, and also PC version, but I'm also quite familiar with OBS and SLOBS). So I don't know if FB has a web interface like YouTube Live.

OBS can be complicated. It's not beyond you, but you're not going to install it and go live 20 mins later. One thing you have to be careful with is how you monitor the mic and external audio, such as clips. You can get a doubling effect by having the source set to Monitor and Output while your monitor is also outputting, so you get double output with the latency between those 2 outputs very audible, and annoying. Normally I set sources for Monitor Only (Mute Output) and output the monitor mix I hear on the console.

If FB has a web interface, you're going to save yourself a lot of trouble.
  5. CLane.Studio

CLane.Studio New Member

Boston, MA
    Gear:
    Model 12
    Thank MJK. FB has a web interface, I believe. I’ll see what I can figure out and let you know where I land. No green screens. Just a cam, a mic, my guitar, a PC or iPad and the model 12. Again thanks. Your feedback is always helpful and greatly appreciated.
    -mjk- likes this.
  6. -mjk-

Gear:
    DP-32, | 2A Mixer, A3440
    Ok, cool. Try it out, report back any difficulties I'll try to help. I may be able to help with testing.