Model 24 - How to Create Stereo Master with levels/eq/fx

Discussion in 'Model 24' started by Dan On Drums, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Dan On Drums

Dan On Drums New Member

Gear:
    Model 24
    I've "RTFM" (read the f***ing manual) and can't figure out how to create a stereo master on those tracks #23 and 24.

I thought when I would use "stereo mix export" that it was using my set volume levels as well as eq/fx but that doesn't appear to actually be happening.

What the quickest to way to convert 6 or so individual tracks into a stereo wav track?

Thanks for the help.
  2. Dan On Drums

Dan On Drums New Member

Gear:
    Model 24
    That took some snooping...

When the unit is recording it is always writing the mixed down to tracks 23 and 24.
    So if you add effects and/or adjust eq after the initial take you have to record the track again and that will overwrite tracks 23 and 24. When you use the "stereo mix export" function it uses tracks 23 and 24 and creates a *.wav file located in the "music" folder on the SD card.

Glad I figured that out.

The manual is pretty bad.
  3. -mjk-

-mjk- Moderator Staff Member

Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
    Gear:
    DP-32, | 2A Mixer, A3440
    In that respect, it sounds just like the DP machines. Every time you do a mix, it overwrites the previous mixdown file. It's up to you to export the file and save a copy if you want to keep it.
  4. Dan On Drums

Dan On Drums New Member

Gear:
    Model 24
    And in retrospect it makes complete sense as it's unrealistic to think that the "export stereo track" could record the updated eq/fx/levels and create a *.wav file as fast is it does. So one must update/overwrite tracks 23 and 24 by hitting the record button and letting the track play through with all the new settings...

Definitely something you would expect to find in the manual... But not this one. :)
    -mjk- likes this.
  5. -mjk-

Gear:
    DP-32, | 2A Mixer, A3440
    Right. It's not rendering the mix like a DAW.
  6. psymatix

psymatix New Member

Earth
    Gear:
    DP32SD, DR-05
    Can you punch in & out on stereo mix tracks 24 & 24 ?
  7. -mjk-

Gear:
    DP-32, | 2A Mixer, A3440
    @psymatix try and see. It won't hurt anything. Set up a two or three channel mixdown and try it. Let us know.
  8. Clemente Cusato

Clemente Cusato New Member

Gear:
    TASCAM Model 24
    It’s very methodical, like a tape recorder. Don’t touch anything before actually mixing it. Every FX/EQ/LVL will be recorded if you press the rec button on the onboard recorder. But you must to have everything recorded already. Moreover the stereo export will be played back on the channels 21/22 (the Bluetooth channel).

You can even record automations too, but that’s done manually.

Peace ✌