Model 24 - How to Create Stereo Master with levels/eq/fx

Thanks a lot for the details in this thread. I came here to find answers and got them straight away :)
I hadn't realised that the master track also records and is permanently armed and that the export stereo master was only converting this file.
This is great news for me as it means I can realtime perform the tracks, fade in and out, adjust EQ, fx and such during a track and this all gets saved to the master track. Brilliant :)

Reactions: Logrinn and -mjk-
AND..
What they don’t make fully obvious in the manual ...you can export that Master mixdown as a stereo file to the music folder of the SD card and then REIMPORT it as two tracks to the “Bluetooth channel”!!!

that lets one do things at the session like:

- try a 2nd mixdown all over again with different levels and EQ settings and do a quick compare/contrast via mute and PFL buttons vs the first one on the Bluetooth channel.

-OR

- make your artist an on the fly “more me in the mix” mix this way, then play it back to her/his monitor only right at the session

OR

-free up a few tracks by creating a stem mix, export it, clear the original channels to new stuff there... as long as you like that stem mix you are golden This technique is good for parts that you won’t mind having combined - for example a stereo pair of drum overhead mic’s that you originally captured on two mono channels.

With that export/import trick in hand, this unit really starts to rock.

Model 12 goes one notch even better - you can move the tracks around with just click...a feature Tascam REALLY should push out to Model 16 and 24...no excuse not to have it as far as I can tell.

Or, sing 9 vocal tracks and do a perfect mix of just the vocals, import them and sound like Queen.

New threads

Members online