Model series overdubbing

Craig Hughes

Hi to whoever reads this, i was reading that the model 24 can track 22 tracks simultaneously but can only overdub up to 8 tracks, I’m looking to get a one but the way I’m going to be working on my own or with people I’m mostly going to be recording 1 track at a time, so say if I’m recording 8 mono tracks one after the other is that me finished with no more room to record,
If so I’d probably be better sticking with my korg 8 track where i can track 8 overdubs.
I hope this mede sense and any help would be appreciated.
Cheers

Thanks for getting back to me man, I’m a-bit confused, so if I’m tracking say one guitar at a time and I’m recording 5 guitar tracks just building it up one track at a time, then I’m doing 6 vocal tracks one at a time thats 11 tracks, but all done one after the other, is that possible bit of a bad example but you get what i mean, i watched a guy from a store review it and said you can only overdub up to 8 tracks, so it didn’t make sense to me,
Cheers

Craig,
Jasper Castañeda (Post #2) is correct on both counts:

• Overdub: Build tracks one at a time.
  • Punch In: Correct a mistake on one previously recorded track, or simultaneously on several previously recorded tracks (e.g. drums) by recording over the mistake on the same track(s).
Model 24 Nov 2019 OM page 42:
"Punch in recording is not possible when the REC button is on for eight or more channels."

Last edited:
Reactions: -mjk-

New threads

Members online

No members online now.