Mountain Lion Compatibility (10.8.2)

Drumstruck said:
Not quite the same, but I have OSX 10.7 Lion on a MBP running f/w over thunderbolt using the Mac adaptor cable - into PT9, Reaper64 and Wavelab 8 - all good.
Click! Finally just figured out what MBP is.... It's good practice to define all acronyms..especially ones you make up...

" It's good practice to define all acronyms..especially ones you make up..."

Indeedy. And I say this as one of those strange, afflicted people who likes to invent terms and morph words. I've tried very hard to refrain from victimizing the stellar members of this forum with my linguistic insanities. However, other sites I've frequented have been less fortunate. ;)

CaptDan

Hi, new here, and found this thread which illustrates the same issue I'm possibly about to be faced with!

I need to upgrade my Mac Pro which is 'stuck' with OS 10.7.x, therefore I can't upgrade Logic to X or Pro Tools to 11 as both need OS 10.9.x (Mavericks), so I'm eyeing up an iMac (27"; Fusion drive etc) as a replacement. Problem is it doesn't have Firewire, and it's looking like the only way I can connect the DM to the Imac is via TB - FW800 - FW400. That sounds like it will cause problems. Anyone out there got any advice/ experience with this issue?

The IF-FW/DMmkII works fine with the Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire 800 adapter and a FireWire 800 to 400 cable.

New threads

Members online

No members online now.