MTC Chase with MX-2424

Jayson Wonder

From
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Gear owned
DM-4800, MX-2424, US-1641
Hello all,

I am still wrestling with my DM-4800 & MX-2424 set-up. I am making progress but again reaching a few barriers. I am helping there are still a few people around still using the DM with MX. I am not sure if I should be posting in the MX section but here goes nothing.

My primary goal is to have the DM as a the master which controls the transport controls, record arming and on the MX. My second wish would be to get other MX specific transport functions such as punch / locate etc. going also but this may only be possible using the PS/2 connection and I cant use that port on the MX as I have the RC-2424 remote hooked up for the MX when I run it standalone. I essentially want the same functionality using midi cables.

I have the DM as a master clock for synchronization using a wordclock over a BNC cable between the two units. The MX shows that it is sample locked to the DM so that works fine.

I have the midi cables connected between both units and DM is using MMC Full to see the MX over midi. I am able to turn the transport, record select and chase enabled. I am able to stop and start the MX via DM although I have no time display on the meter bridge. Also the chase checkbox on the DM turn on and off when I press play and it seems to be related to the Online status of the MX (which also turns on and off but this may be normal behavior.

I am not able to get the TC Chase led on the MX to light and that indicates that it is not MTC chasing the DM.

I have tried connecting my midi cable to the midi thru / MTTC out port but still no luck. What port should I connect to for this setup MTC out(mid thru) or stick with the MID OUT port?

Any idea how to get the MX time to display on my DM?

I know there is a lot of information in the post. I hope it makes sense to someone. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

New threads

Members online