Mx 2424 and SCSI to Compact flash adapter

Vlad

Gear owned
studio things
Hi friends.

if someone have experience with this kind setup .
please . let we know ..

wil work mx2424 with compact flash ??

akai s5000 sampler does ! .
with 128 voices and with virtual track function . what means its read samples directly from disc. ( not from internal memory ) ...
so CF speed must be enough for multitracks ...

no ?

The problem is not the speed of the card. The MX2424 was designed to be used with scsi drives of 9, 18, 36 or 72 gig in size. When fitting a new hard drive the MX you have to do a low level format and then initialise the drive. I would suspect that if you connected the compact flash to the MX the MX would maybe see the CF as a scsi device, but would not be able to carry out the initialisation or formatting.

Some here are using SATA drives with SCSI to SATA adaptors, and getting around the formatting and initialisation problems using software in a PC to set the drive up, this may work but I don't think so. By all means if you want to give it a try and report back, have a read though this thread: http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/tascam-mx2424-hard-drive-woes-and-weird-output-noise.60/page-2 from about the end of page 2, and the same kind of set up may apply to the CF card.

I also don't think the CF will operate fast enough for the MX, 24 channels of 24 bit recording at the same time is a fair bit of data flow.

Alan

I use an ISTEAD 50pin SCSI to micro SD card adapter in my Kurzweil K2000, most samplers SCSI drives are under 10GB & 50pin so will be too slow for the MX2424. You probably need SCSI Ultra160 LVD drives or an adapter that works at this speed.

Artmix have a range of SCSI to SATA / CF card adapters. Some for samplers & others for old Mac computers. Even their 50pin SCSI SATA adapters only do 20mps compared to the 68pin Acard 160mps which work fine with the MX2424

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/artmix/m.html?item=302059460782&hash=item46542598ae:g:dPkAAOSwX~dWl4x5&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Last edited:

New threads

Staff online

Members online