No signal flowing dm4800 meters

pastorjay

Gear owned
DM-4800
Hello everyone,
I'm a new owner of a Dm4800. Also new to the forum. My second post. I finally got my routing set properly but even though I hear sound coming through the board, the meter lights are not working. Neither does the board show signal input. Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.
Jay

@pastorjay Hello again. Are the stereo output lights showing a signal? If not, this sounds to me like a routing / setup issue again. Possibly at your DAW. What DAW are you using?

Hello Peter,
Thanks for responding. The stereo outputs are not showing a signal but I can hear sound coming through the board, I can adjust the sound with the faders but don't see a signal. I'm using Cubase 8 pro with windows 10 connected by firewire. Computer files and youtube clips play fine but no signal showing on the stereo meter lights.

Not sure if it is hardware related or not. I need help.

@pastorjay Well then, my next guess would be that you could possibly be experiencing an issue with either your meter bridge and / or your DM. The first thing that I would do is to swap out the meter bridge connector cable. If you don't have access to a spare and you feel brave you can always try to contruct one yourself. I am almost certain that I saw those instructions here on the forum somewhere. One other thing, do you see the individual channel signals at your DM by pressing the meter/fader button (#3) right above the ALT key. Choose the channel layer that you have your signals routed to and check to see if you have any activity

I currently don't have the meter bridge connected. So, I think the issue is somewhere in the board. I don't see the individual channel signals either on the mixer screen. everything else seems ok.

@pastorjay How have you assigned the channels in the buss section. Eg. channel 1 assigned to stereo, direct etc. (located to the upper left of the CF card))

Right now I just have channels 25 and 26 assigned to stereo. That is where my Daw volume is controlled. Am I doing something wrong? when I play a you tube video or song faders 25&26 control the volume. I haven't tested Cubase yet since there is no signal with computer audio.

@pastorjay When you say that channels 25 and 26 are assigned to stereo I assume that you mean that both channels have been assigned to to Stereo. Not direct or any of the busses, correct?

@pastorjay Can you send me your project file. I will try loading it at my end. I am not sure if it will help any but it can't hurt

There is really no project file. just playing songs from youtube. I can hear the music just can't see a signal on meters. Even when I use a microphone, I hear the sound but don't see an input signal.

@pastorjay If possible, I will try to duplicate what you are experiencing at my end. It would have to be later though

@pastorjay Unfortunately, I was not able to duplicate your issue here at my end. I will let you know if I come up with anything. Perhaps, someone else can chime in as well.

New threads

Members online