No sound output from DP 32SD

Hmmm.... sounds the same or similar to ANAYV's issue.

But @ANAYV 's YouTube video clearly shows his monitors are plugged into the Stereo outputs, so of course the Monitor control knob has no effect.

@ANAYV did upgrading to the latest firmware resolve the issue?

But @ANAYV 's YouTube video clearly shows his monitors are plugged into the Stereo outputs, so of course the Monitor control knob has no effect.

Monitor knob does nothing with headphones plugged in either.

It should, of course.
:(

I updatwd firmwarw once. Same issues as original firmware.
I Will this weeken upgrade. To latest firmware.
Will post back if any change.

Thanks to all helped !!

Back on Roland VS 1824 for now.

ANAYV

Reactions: -mjk-
Monitor knob does nothing with headphones plugged in either.

It should, of course.
:(

Yeah, with headphones - that's ready weird.

@ANAYV said:
I Will this weeken upgrade. To latest firmware.
Will post back if any change.

I'm in your corner man. I'm optimistic that the latest firmware will fix things up!

Reactions: ANAYV
Update****

Just installed the latest firmware ( 1.08 ) and also used a different SD card.

Just assigned 1 track to 1 input.

Recorded 20 seconds .
Played back...and....

Track fader 1 controlled track playback of...track 1!!

Then plugged in headphones...and turned headphone volume.knob.....and.....

Levels changed...like they normally would!!

Off to vacation latwr this week...and have a few projects using Roland VS 1824...so no time to check / test further.

I know I will be missing quite a few features using this unit ( DP32SD)

No digital inputs/ outputs
No Automation
No Scene memory
Smallish display

Less tracks if using 24bits...

But...32 tracks playback !!!
Easy backup of files!!

Thanks again to all.

I will go through all of Mark's list to test all functions.. in few weeks...but looks like it is working again !!!

Glad to here that you may be at a better place with your Tascam DP. Hopefully additional testing reveals that you're fully operational and all squared away. I was under the impression that you'd already updated to *the latest* firmware and that you'd been using an *approved* SD card.;)

"No Scene memory"

You can save a "scene template" as a song - and simply pull that "scene template" song up, copy it, rename it - and presto - problem solved. Fader levels aren't saved - but pretty much everything else is.... as I recall.

"Less tracks if using 24bits..."

Not sure what you mean there. Using higher bit resolution does not affect the amount of tracks that are available for any given project. That never changes. But you do utilize more SD card memory at the higher resolution option.

Last edited:
Thanks David!
I did update the firmware...but not to the latest...I figured in case I needed another chance to refresh and upgrade again.

I put this unit away...and it only came out when I found out they had upgraded the firmware...since my unit had original version 1.00 , and had issues within first few months.

Didn't know about the scene template. I assume there is only one...or I can have more than one per song?

Not saving fader levels...well thats not good. One of the main things with scene memory is ability to store a ' scene' of all adjustable settings. Storing / recalling the fader settings...especially with up to 32 tracks, is very useful!

Thats good if there is no loss of tracks when using higher bit rates.

Most digital recorders in the past had this delema.

Most digital recorders that had ability to record in 24bits ( as opposed to 16 bits) would half the track count..Roland, Korg, Zoom..they all did this.

Great to know the DP series gives you the same track count , regardless of bit rate!

Only my TASCAM 565 did not do this...but that was only 4 tracks (recorded to MiniDisc media).

That unit was interesting...analog mixer with digital recording...no built in effects..but loved the user interface of that unit!!

Fostex had a few units that also had analog mixer...but used hard drive to record onto.

I paid $300.00 for a 2.5GB HD :(

Hi @ANAYV glad you got it going. I was confident ;).

Fader recall is hard to implement with non-motorized faders. But you can't beat the convenience of the DP design, overall.

"Didn't know about the scene template. I assume there is only one...or I can have more than one per song?"

Since a saved "song" = "scene template".... you can save as many as your SD card will hold. And since those can be saved and moved back and forth from a computer (external storage) - essentially, you have an unlimited amount.

The challenge becomes keeping it all organized. But for a serious kat who takes recording projects seriously (that's not me - I'm more of a weekend warrior) - it should be snap to save, organize, and store all the different types of data files associated with the Tascam DP.

Last edited:
glad you got it going. I was confident ;).

Yes you were!
Thanks.
Remembering your comments last time you posted , gave me hope , MJK !

I put it off another week, but finally did it.

<Fader recall is hard to implement with non-motorized faders.>

Not at all.
Its digital...so fader can have...say 128 levels/steps from off, to max.

Easy for the unit to store this info...as Roland and Korg have shown decades ago, in their units.

You can even reset the faders to their saved setting, matching up screen faders with real fader.

Korg does one better than Roland, as Korg can change scenes during playback and the Roland VS cannot.

<But you can't beat the convenience of the DP design, overall.>

Indeed.

As always TASCAM knows how to make Multi track recorders simple enough to use!!

Im so glad they are still making them!

Most of the mentioned companies no longer make this type recorders.

Long Live TASCAM

You can even reset the faders to their saved setting, matching up screen faders with real fader.

Yes, that's what I mean by "not easy" - that you have to set it manually. That means it's only a snapshot, a starting point for the mix.

That being said, saving the song saves everything else to the project, and you can always do what @Mark Richards does, which is keep impeccable notes on the track sheet. On the Mixer screen you can get a detailed view of the fader level to write down on each channel.

I have the older model with MIDI, and I got it to talk with Sonor and move on-screen faders. I experimented with outboard automation but gave up and went with another solution.

Reactions: ANAYV

New threads

Members online

No members online now.