Not recording

Charley Timmons

Gear owned
Tascam X-48
OK guys, I don't know if this forum is still alive or kicking or not, but here goes. The IWill MB was replaced by what was recommended in another forum. Yes, the caps swelled. OK, I didn't do the work myself, but I sent it to a computer repair shop in Lake City FL. He did make the install, used the restore CD, etc. Everything fired up at his office. Some time passed, then I made the install back into my system. Everything fired up correctly, but when I went to run some test tones, the indicators for the channels are not showing, and it's not recording anything. So, that has to be (as far as I can tell) with either the analog sound card, or the card inside the unit that the ribbon from the sound card hooks to. Everything else seems to be working fine. Any ideas out there?? I'm going to see if I can find that second board, or see if I can find someone that has a digital mixer to see if there's any incoming signal or not.

Any idea would be very appreciated. I loved that unit and I hate to see it just be either parted out or thrown away.

I know it's risky, but my contact e-mail would be Timelytunes4U@gmail.com

good luck charley! i bet u will get to the bottom of it. can u have the tech check out the recorder in your studio?

also, if ur tech didnt already know about it, check out the document for preparing GPT drives for the X-48. it includes an administrator password for the back end disk management layer that might help an expert to troubleshoot.

I think I'll just ship it out to CA. There's a guy out there that's "supposed" to know what he's doing Thanks.

do you try spdif input ? also you can import some wave track and try too play it thru the mixer / spdif to check the system (I have a X48 1st gen)

New threads

Members online