OSX 10.9 US 2000 Drivers

I have a US-1800, have downloaded the latest drivers, and followed the instructions for setup, NO SOUND?
its recognized, and shows in the tascam controll panel, but NO SOUND?
have tried eliminating external monitors, and using headphones, still NO SOUND?
Please help

The new driver for the Tascam US-1800 did not work for me.
Anyone know anything?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Re: OSX 10.9 US 1800 Drivers

it is now the 16th Of December, and Im still unable to use my US-1800 Interface.
Repeated contact with Tascam customer service, has been completely ignored.
I haven't found a single post online, of anyone else having the same issues?
Can anyone confirm , that the new Maverick Drivers ever worked? :confused:

talked to TEAC and Tascam today, and aparently, there is still an issue with Maverick Drivers , related to the iMac?
my US-1800 does not work with them.

The US-1800 driver works for me on Mavericks with an older (2007) MacBookPro for the most part. What I haven't been able to do is use its MIDI interface however. There are workarounds using other MIDI-USB interfaces, but I would very much like to get the US-1800 to be fully functional.

Its getting ridiculous now. January 2014 and still no drivers. Are you guys Noobs at Tascam or what? This is a real turn off. Getting good driver support should be at the core of your business. We are in the digital age here people.

Tascam US-428 or FW-1082 drivers for Maverick
March 2nd 2014 still nothing!
Tascam doesn't seem to care about it's customers,
why should we even buy Tascam products in future?

There were thousands of previous happy Tascam US-428 and FW-1082 users. These machines worked still 100%. Why should we now throw them away increasing trash piles world wide. We still will buy other Tascam gear to extend our studio. PLEASE TASCAM recompile the US-428 driver for Mavericks and become our best friend again! Most of us even agree to pay a fair amount of money so you can earn back the effort.

here's how for the Tascam Engeneers:
https://developer.apple.com/library...onsandDrivers/KernelExtensionsandDrivers.html

Last edited:
Same here with the us144mkii and mavericks. The driver really sucks! It's April and still nothing! I cant record anything, cant listen to music...ARGH!

WHAT DID WE LEARN FROM THIS:

BAN TASCAM
DON'T BUY ANY
IT SOON BECOMES WASTE
TASCAM DOESN'T SUPPORT YOU
TASCAM DOESN'T THINK GREEN

Reactions: tokoshiro5
I bought a Saffire Liquid 56. Second hand, 4 years old.
$ 350. Guess what.

It is true perfection and amazing!
The support for Multi Platform is perfect!
Mac OS X 10.9.2 works like a charm.
Firmware updates up till today and beyond.
Manuals, perfect, all downloadable for free.
Support desk perfect.
Check Check Check!

Focusrite is a really professional dedicated brand.
After a long search and becoming very frustrated by Tascam, but specially after having seen this documentary I fell for Focusrite, see this breath tacking documentary:

The price of the Focusrite Liquid 56 is incredible.
You get the complete Focusrite multitrack recorder and mixer, high-end.
In full mode the audio quality is unbelievable clean and the Liquid pre-amps... what can I say... True perfection. Find one second hand I would say. Or new, around $ 650. http://global.focusrite.com/firewire-audio-interfaces/liquid-saffire-56

Today I worked with it in video-production voice-over.
What a sound! Together with the Behringer auto-fader DAW it has become the heart of production heaven. FireWire 400 works also with FireWire 800 and converter to Thunderbolt. I love it.

Farewell Tascam! Auf Wiedersehen! Ciao!
Bad support means end of life.
We, the precious customers, find our way to a better world.

Reactions: tokoshiro5

New threads

Members online

No members online now.