Phantom power

Art Pulis

Gear owned
Mod 16
Tascam 16. I use most inputs for synthesizers and drum machine often going into a daw. I'm going to mic my piano using mics that require phantom power. Can I still leave my other things plugged in, or will the phantom power hurt the synths? Thanks.

Normally I leave this stuff to the guyz here who actually know what they're talkin' about.
But I think it's safe to say: no - your other sources can stay plugged in to their inputs, even if you have +48V turned on for your piano mic/s.
IIRC, the only real trouble you can get into is plugging/unplugging +48V-charged cables, as they voltage can 'jump'/short across contacts during plugging/unplugging. So be careful of that.

Nonetheless - you might wanna wait until one of the smart people here respond? Just tryin' to help...:geek:

Reactions: Max Relic
Thanks Shredd. That jives with what my Sweetwater guy says in that he said that the phantom power only goes over the xlr inputs, and I use the 1/4 inch for my instrument inputs.

Yup - that sounds about right - 1/4" inputs don't carry +48V...so none of your sources plugged into those are gonna care that the XLR's are +48V-charged...
Just be careful with that plugging/unplugging thing!:eek:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.