Punk vinyl single -- My first project for Model 24

From
Scotland, UK
Website
clairefoxx.bandcamp.com
Gear owned
Tascam Model 24
Just sent off the finished files to Dubplates and Mastering in Berlin for the tweaks balancing and all that voodoo stuff for mastering and lacquers for my new double A-sided single as Claire Foxx and The Antisocial Justice Worriers. Rise Up/Problem Child for 'Monetising Dissent' Records. My take on Punk Pop featuring Drums/Bass/Petulant Angst. The guitar is in fact Bass Guitar through my pedalboard. I do this live as a two piece.

All recorded on Model 24 with a few bits lifted from iPad GarageBand.

An extremely limited edition 250-300 copies will be pressed on White Vinyl/Red Splatter vinyl with coloured card sleeve. With Stickers and Badges and other puerile stuff.
More on my bandcamp: https://clairefoxx.bandcamp.com (due warning, both are sweary).

It will not hosted be on any streaming services like Spotify etc anywhere.

a0103471863_10.jpg

The mixes sound good. Broad spectrum and good dynamics. Well done!

Thank you... the single is too long for 7" 45rpm so I have decided to go for 10" and add two more songs making an EP. I have started to really get comfortable with the hybrid nature of the Tascam now and went for a deliberate big mid-80s pumpy LA Punk production sound meets laughing gnome...

https://clairefoxx.bandcamp.com/track/oh-my-god-the-cis-are-at-it-again

Technically this was a development for me because I recorded the basics: Bass and "buzzsaw guitar" plus main vocals and guide harmonies on the Tascam to a click track, dragged it across to Logic and then used it as a soundcard 12 channels for drum overdubs in Logic, vocal harmonies and gnome tracking in logic and used the desk as a 12 (+3 ambient) live drum track; it took a few goes to get it right.

No guitars again, all bass and drums and voice.

Interesting approach. I have 2 consoles, 1 analog and 1 digital, plus a DP-32. I cut the tracks in the DP machine using either/both consoles and then export to Reaper for mixing with the digital console (with full automation). Hybrid is the only way to go, IMO.

New threads

Members online