Reverb

Jimmy Bruno

Gear owned
too much to list
How can I listen to a track with reverb but not add it to the recording?

Select the track(s) with the select button. In the mixer (press mixer button) Send eff 1 = post, turn up send eff 1 knob, turn up master 1 knob. In Effect (press Effect button) turn reverb on.

Just tried it. I can't seem to get to the screen that says Send off 1=post.. help please

Press the button "mixer" to the left of the display. I suggest you read in the manual about this, it is actually quite well explained.

Manual was useless but thanks for your time.. I think it's time I return this thing. It's a shame because it sounds really good but no help from tascam support. The manual. is worthless to me.

jb

Before you throw in the towel, you might want to watch Phil Tipping's excellent free video tutorial:
http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/dp-24-32sd-tutorial-videos.4475/

Saxomohawh's procedure is correct. this thread expands on it re your Q:
http://www.tascamforums.com/threads/sendeffect-want-to-hear-but-not-record.4908/#post-23812

There was a time (30+ years ago) when TASCAM's owner manuals were the best in the industry. Their current crew of technical writers aren't in the same league...not even close. :-(

Last edited:
A company called Gibson guitars has bought tascam. They are notorious for ruining everything hey they buy. I'm not surprised that the manual for tascam dp24 is useless.

I got a hard copy of the manual. I'm doing better. When in mix down mode where does the mix down track go??

Once your mix has been recorded, the unit creates a stereo master of your mix on the SD card. It is in the folder that has the same name as your song. You will see the file as 'songname.wav'.

Unless you need to tweak this stereo master .wav file in 'Master' mode, you're done. You only need 'Master' mode to play the song back on the unit.

If you decide to 'master' your final stereo mix by tweaking it with EQ, Compression or Dithering, or need to Normalize it, when you press 'record' the unit backs up your stereo master 'song name.wav' as 'songname_z.wav' and creates a new, tweaked 'songname.wav'.

FWIW, the engineers that designed the dp24/32 did a great job incorporating in a compact unit most of the features of a dedicated mixing console . The technical writers have failed to produce an owners manual that describes adequately, or gives good examples of how to implement, the well thought out features of the unit. I'm a retired recording engineer and studio owner. I've scratched my head more than once reading the manual. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for people just starting out to make sense of it once past the basics.

Last edited:
I agree with you. I'm getting it understood by trial and error. My friend(a studio engineer) also scratched his head... Many thanks

Having a few issues with DP24 SD. Sometimes the unit behaves really weird. I'm thinking could it be the SD card? What are toast of you using? I have version 1.2 . Could it be that it is not up to date? Any help is appreciated. I sure don't want to go back to computer based recording

I went back to the original 2 GB card and now the unit is working properly... Anyone have suggestions for a good SD card?

I went back to the original 2 GB card and now the unit is working properly... Anyone have suggestions for a good SD card?

I'm using a SanDisk ultra 32 gig that I bought at my local Walmart.
Fully formatted on the unit.
So far no problems.
I had bought the card when I got the unit.
I have seen people having difficulties with the cards that are marked for video but so far I've been good.
I had problems with the card that came with my unit.

Thats funny. Using the card from one of my cameras, fully formatted. I think that may have caused the problems. If it weren't for this forum I would be totally lost

I ordered one of these (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LORO7Z6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1). It was the recommended card when I placed my order for the DP24.

Once I received the card, I did a full format of it in the DP24. The full format can take up to 30 minutes, but it does error checking which can save you a lot of grief down the line.

During the 30 minute wait, I perused the included manual, which was of moderate help. Thankfully, Phil's videos and these forums fill in a lot of blanks.

Last edited:

New threads

Members online

No members online now.