Rhino Jr. carrier

Alan Dunn

Gear owned
MX-2424
I need a replacement drive carrier for my MX-2424. The model number is RJR100-CSWU2X/B. If anyone has one or knows where I can get one I would appreciate it.

Thanks much
Alan D.

Does anyone know if the following Kingston Data Express caddy ( some with frame ) will work.
DE100i-SW/B
DE75i-SW160
DE100i-CSW

Thanks for any information,
Alan D.

I am using 3 different brands of caddy, I have them in a tower 2 off each brand, and all work fine with the MX. As long as its designed for 68 pin scsi and it fits in the space it will work.

Alan

If I understand what you are doing correctly, the answer is yes you can. The terminator needs to be an active terminator. The on inside the mx has to stay there.

Cheers
Alan

Sorry Alan I was editing & lost the post.....!

I'm wondering if I can connect up the Data Express Rhino Jr SCSI caddy / drive on the MX2424 back panel external SCSI connection using an a IDE type molex 4pin from AC/DC 12/5v power adaptor to power the SCSI caddy.

https://picclick.co.uk/Lacie-Metal-...wide-68pin-for-264894250049.html#&gid=1&pid=1

I've attached this old inside picture of a Lacie 68pin SCSI LVD external drive enclosure which has an AC/DC rectifier circuit by the power inlet going to a 4pin molex, the SCSI cable just looks like it's going direct via cable connector to the drive, but there's a also connection for the disk / write LED lights.

Or does the SCSI drive connected to the external MX2424 SCSI connector need to be installed with a SCSI backplane PCB as fitted in external drives to work properly?

I also assuming it also needs a SCSI terminator? The internal SCSI cable has a terminator at the end of the cable so would the same type work on the external SCSI output connection?

I did power up my DE Rhino Jr caddy using an old Firewire external drive (with internal disk unconnected) , using the molex 4pin connector, the light disk number came on & the SCSI drive started up as usual.

Regarding the terminator, do I need a 68pin SCSI cable with a terminator on the end, or is the terminator block for when you have more than 2 external drives in an enclosure?

New threads

Members online