Sample Lock

What is the problem with mx view, there is detailed info on this forum on how to get it working.

I was going to suggest you get mx view working as it shows you what is going on clearer.

Alan

I have been working on that for a while now as well. I keep getting a connecting message but have not been able to get past that. I have been trying to load an XP virtual desktop to see if that would help.

I will keep working on the mx-view. Do you think it could be a firmware issue that is causing the error message?

Alan D.

Windows all the way to windows 10 works fine, you need to follow the instructions in the threads dealing with how to install, if you get stuck let me know.

Sorry Mac users it does not work for Mac anymore

Here is where I am with the MX-view. I have it installed and it comes up for connection but does not connect. I have made sure regarding the ethernet port shows on the network but can not locate the mx-2424 as a device for connection. I keep getting the same message:
Connection Pending then it closes and request to check the network I am pretty sure it is because the device ( mx-2424 ) is not showing up in the device selection menu but can't seem to find a way to make it load up. I have tried it on a windows 7 which is loaded with the mx-view as well as the windows 10 which is loaded with the mx-view and still no connection.

Let’s start at the beginning:

You need a copy of MX view that has previously been installed on a windows 98 computer. I can supply a version if need be. The download from Tascam web site will not work on a later windows machine. Do not try XP virtual desktop it does not work.

You install the mx view software by doing the following:

Open C drive > Program folder (not x86) > drop in the Tascam Folder.

Open the Tascam folder, open the MX view folder, right click on the icon that looks like a MX2424, and create a desktop short cut.

MX view is now correctly installed

Next you have to set up the IP address, the setup instructions in the manual tell you how to do this. Using Menu item 950 & 951.

Connect the computer to the MX2424 with an ethernet cable, if using a hub use a standard cable if you have a direct connection use a crossover cable.

On the computer you need to check the IP address, the ip address on the mx should match the ip address that your computer uses except the last number. If you are having problems connecting it could be that something else on your network has the same IP address.

One thing I have found that causes problems is that on the computer the ip address setting is to automatically assign an address, then if the computer is started before turning on the MX if may grab the MX’s address. You can set up your computer to have a fixed address or give the MX an address that will never be used buy you other devices, for example make the last number 10.

Another thing that happens is that after trying different settings to get MX view to work MX view gets hung up on the old settings, that way to start again and clear the MX view settings is to close MX view, go to the Tascam > MX view folder in the program files and to click on the “Clear Preferences” icon.

Just a note, your computer network will not see the MX2424 as a device, the MX is considered a stand-alone computer. Your computer is actually a remote-control using MX view.

You may have hit the problem, the MX-view I am using is from the Tascam website. Can you send me the file you are referring to in your post. I have the IP set up as referenced above, in fact that is where I found the original info to set that up. I have also completed the clear preferences. It sounds like I need the other MX-view version and hopefully that will fix the problem with that part anyway.

Alan D.

set all up even IP address, dumped the cache, still same error of not connecting. still searching here in forum and on internet for other fixes.

If your computer has grabbed the same IP address as what’s set in the mx it won’t connect.

When turning on the mx give it a minute or so to get started before trying to connect.

Double check all IP address numbers in both the computer and mx. Your computer may have a different IP address network sequence then the mx

Are you using a hub or direct connection? Must use a crossover cable with a direct connection

Try this stuff again, clear preferences again if you change anything.

Alan

I am using a direct connection with an ethernet crossover cable. I can see that changes that I make direct in the recorder show up in the mx-view like machine name and when I make changes to the IP address. Now a question that might clear the problem.
The computer has an IP address which I used in the mx2424 just changed the last number. I also have an IP address for the ethernet connection to make sure that it is networked. Should that IP match the computer's IP or the mx IP address.
How can I determine the network sequence to insure that I have that correct.

The IP address in the computer and the IP address in the mx has to be the same except for the last number.

Just check, The subnet mask number has to be the same in the computer and the mx, so you don’t screw the computer from other networking if the numbers are different make the mx the same as the computer.

Sounds like you are close to this working.

Alan

Alan, back again. I have tried all of your excellent suggestions but still hang up in the same place. the MX-view starts up goes to connection pending and then gives a connection failed message.
I have it set with IP address', cut off the wifi and just can't seem to get it to connect. I will keep trying but if you have any other suggestions please let me know.
Alan D.

There could be a network setting in your computer causing issues, To stop this happening in my studio I gave every computer and device a fixed IP address, that way nothing was trying to grab an automatic IP address and messing up the IP settings. I have a PC, 2 Laptops, a NAS Box and the MX. No problems. I can even run the MX from all 3 computers at the same time if required, required.

I have reached the conclusion with the MX-view on my Windows 10 system that it is not going to work. I am working now on getting a tower with windows 7 and starting from scratch and hoping I can work out the bugs.
I know the MX-2424 is capable of recording without the MX-view but still have a problem with that as well. I get everything set up for record and when I start the record function it runs for a 2-3 seconds then stops and gives the error message of unable to record to disk. Still can't seem to get around that one either.

Alan D.

I can say for sure windows 10 works, I have it working on my brand new windows 10 laptop. You have a setting wrong somewhere, maybe the network setting in the computer. Have you got it networked to any other computers?

For the first time ever I got the unable to record to disk message last week. After checking things out It was a faulty hard drive that. I swapped it out, problem has gone.

Alan

Reactions: -mjk-
I may have something wrong in the computer set up, never was great in that area but will keep trying.
I am ordering a new hard drive for the unit. It makes sense that the problem would be there but before I dropped more money I wanted to be sure and it sounds like your problem was solved with the drive change so I will do the same. I am going with a recommended Seagate Barracuda drive at 18gb.

Thanks Alan, I will let you know if it works out for me.
You have been great!!!!

Alan D.

Regarding MX view and networking, I think the problem is the computer is grabbing the IP address of the MX upon stating up. The way to fix it is to set the computer to have a fixed IP address different then the MX.

Another way to try to get around this is to connect the MX to the computer with the computer turned off. Turn on the MX and wait for a few mins, then start the computer (starting second may force it to find a different IP address) wait a few mins for the computer to talk to the MX, the networking icon in the start bar should flicker. Then try to start MX view. You have to let MX view find the MX on the net work before trying to do anything.

If this does not work I'll run you by how to change the settings on the computer.

Alan

New threads

Members online

No members online now.