Sample rate in Tascam US 4x4. How to?

Colin Weeks

Gear owned
Tascam US 4x4
Be gentle, I'm keen to learn, but just clinging on. This will seem really basic to many of you.
I use Reaper and my Tascam into Windows 10 to record, and have had halting, but reasonably encouraging results (considering my advanced age).
I've also attempted online linkups with Zoom and Jamakazam. Here in deepest rural Somerset, my upload speed is a prehistoric: 1Mb/sec, but amazingly, I can still achieve a linkup with distant friends with much faster speeds.
What I need help with is changing the sample rate. On my US 4x4 interface defaults to 48Khz and buffer size 256. I can change the buffer size, but Jamkazam and Reaper suggest 44.1KHz.
How do I do it? I've googled for instructions or explanations, but came up with a blank. I'd really like to understand what to do and why.
Many thanks.

With the mixer, you can't directly change the sample rate. It's changed by the applications that use ASIO driver.
But if you uninstall the mixer of the us-4x4 (not the drivers) you can access the setting panel where you can change the sample rate for Windows applications.

New threads

Members online