SCSI Card

I have the Storcase DS100, the correct cable and hard drive, but I thought maybe I have the wrong SCSI card??? so I should go to the LCD "Preferences" screen and switch to 8-bit? this is really frustrating...and I have no jumpers attached to the HD because there doesn't seem to be a need for them...
I'm not sure what I'm doing or what's working and isn't anymore...and I desperately need to back up my projects immediately and only have CD back up as an option right now...but the last time I tried backing up to CD's, I was on the 4th CD for just one project and the SX kept freezing, so that didn't work out either...
and about the RAM sticks, I bought 4 of the Kingston PC133/256MB sticks, because I wanted to have 2 in each of the SX's, but none of them worked...and I can't find the ones that came with the SX originally...

I don't understand switching from 16 to 8-bit...how would I do that? I checked the manual and don't see anything about 8-bit...and my LCD screen is shot...I installed a new one, but it didn't work...I'm stuck with an LCD screen that I can't read...anyway, I backed everything up to CDs for now...it took 3 days!
this shouldn't have to be this hard...and like I said, I'm not sure if I have the right SCSI card installed...or anything else. for that matter...do you have an SCSI card laying around or can you tell me which one I should have installed?

that's the card I have, so it's probably the setting that needs changing...unfortunately, I can't read my LCD screen at all and I'll have to get another screen before I can do anything...

New threads

Members online

No members online now.