Sounds like Mud

Milkman

Gear owned
Dp24sd
I've done recordings for quite a few years, but the DP24SD is a different animal. I did a bounce of 8 or 9 tracks and it's an improvement from previous attempts but it still sounds like mud in the background. I think I need to spread out the EQ spectrum or something.
Any critique is appreciated. I have no ego so just tell me.
I had to put it on a video because that's the easiest way to post it right now.

Last edited:
Do you have it posted anywhere else? Sorry, nothing will make me join Facebook..

Ok, Now it's on YouTube

Last edited:
The spectrum doesn't sound so bad. But the mix is basically in mono. I didn't hear a stereo field, really.

I had some of the tracks panned and then did the bounce to tracks 23/24. Shouldn't it sound panned afterwards? Or am I missing something?

Well, only you know what you did and how it should sound. All I'm saying is that when I played the track it sounded all up the middle.

Yeah it seems to be mono indeed. Nice song BTW!

Reactions: Milkman and -mjk-
Maybe the video render downmixed it to mono.

I tweaked a few things and I think it's a bit better. Now I'm going to try and put some lap steel on there and possibly church organ.

I cleaned up a couple things and did a new mix. I decided to start the manual from the beginning again and watch more Phil Tipping. Things are starting to make sense rather just be a big ball of confusion. The end is just throw away ad lib. Maybe become something later.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmKvd-sAxWoU58YEEotNPUg

New threads

Members online