Stop button doesn't function anymore

Paul Massart

Gear owned
Tascam 2488 Nep
Dears,

The Stop button of my Tascam 2488 neo isn't functioning anymore, meaning that when I push the stop, button, it doesn't stop the action un progress (Recording, reading;, Etc ...)

As far as I understand the "Micro switch" below the Stop key is broken as has t be replaced.

Would yoiu confirm and would you know what is the reference of this microswitch and where I can order it

Thanks and bets regards

Paul Massart

Hi Paul. I wouldn't assume anything. The first thing I would do is spray that switch with a high-quality electrical contact cleaner. Only after doing that and not seeing positive results would I go forward with the switch replacement project.

Please note that this site is not affiliated with Tascam. There are individual forum members who are familiar with servicing some Tascam equipment, but this site is not a service portal for Tascam.

Thanks for your answer and advice. I'll do first with what you recommand and will keep you informed.

Paul

Reactions: -mjk-
Hi mjk,
So far I had not the opportunity to apply your suggestion to "spray" electric contact enabler but I will soon be able (I was abroad).

Before doing it :
- Is it relevant to spray this button "from outside" (meaning without disassembling anything) ?
- Is a product like WD-40 for electric contact the kind of spray to be used in this context ?

Thanks & BR,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Check out this forum search results:

https://www.tascamforums.com/search/17850142/?q=Deoxit&t=post&o=date

The answer is if you can get the contact cleaner into the control or switch from the outside, fine. If you can't, then you need to open it up so you can get to it. I sprayed the input level trim pots and all the switches on my DP-32 from the outside.

That is a resolute "no" to WD-40. You need a high-quality electrical contact cleaner/restorer.

Hi Mjk,

I eventually received my Deoxit D5 and used it, spraying on the Stop button on my DP 2488 Neo, from outside and ... the stop button works again !

Will see in the coming days if it continues to work and keep you/ the community informed. Btw, it is now clear the micro switch under the stop Button wasn't broken ! My guess was wrong.

Many, many thanks for your relevant advice !

Paul

Reactions: -mjk-
@Paul Massart said:

Hi Mjk,

I eventually received my Deoxit D5 and used it, spraying on the Stop button on my DP 2488 Neo, from outside and ... the stop button works again !

Will see in the coming days if it continues to work and keep you/ the community informed. Btw, it is now clear the micro switch under the stop Button wasn't broken ! My guess was wrong.

Many, many thanks for your relevant advice !

Paul

Great! We all love a success story, so thank you so much for the update Paul. That Deoxit works wonders! I just pointed you to the Forum knowledge base, and your success adds relevant, useful information to that base.

Now, go and make some music!

New threads

Members online

No members online now.