Stored WAV files DP-24/sd

Kail

Gear owned
DP-24SD
I was wondering why I seemed to be using so much space on my SD card, while not saving more songs or recordings. Same songs, same amount of instruments and tracks used. While looking at the WAV files from the DP-24/sd on my computer I noticed DOZENS of WAV files for each song. Some quite large, some very small. It appears that every take I ever attempted has been saved to disc. This seems to be a real waste of memory. Is this a setting? Or is every take ever attempted always stored, even if recorded over? I deleted those tracks, or takes for a reason, they sucked. Why would EVERY take be stored permanently? Can this be turned off, so I only keep what I need? Thanks.

Go into the song menu for the songs you think are larger than they should. Scroll down to option that says delete unused. This will clear out any extra takes still saved in memory on the card. The memory usage increases as you do extra takes and this function erases any that over lap. See manual pg 33 - deleting unnecessary audio data from a song

Reactions: Kail
Great. Thanks. That freed up 6 hours on my disc!

New threads

Members online