Sudden "White Noise" on certain channels

Yesmarhcaz

Gear owned
Model 24
My model 24 has been great, but all of a sudden I'm getting noise through ch 3,4,7,8 every ten seconds or so. It's just a burst of 3 or 4 seconds.

It's being powered through a Furman Conditioner.
Nothing is plugged into these channels
Input is in PC mode
Tracks are unarmed
plugins disabled

If I pull the faders down while the noise is happening it disappears (as expected)
Its interfacing into a 2013 Mac with pro tools 12. I haven't done any software updates. I'm completely unsure of why this is happening and am starting to think it could be an internal issue with the console. Any insight is much appreciated. thanks.

Update your firmware.

"-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F/W V1.30 additions

- A stereo mix export function that converts individual MAIN MIX L/R bus recording files (mono) to a single
stereo file has been added.

[NOTE]
For details, see "New functions in firmware version 1.30" in the Model 24 addendum.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F/W V1.20 additions

- SDXC cards of up to 512 GB can now be used.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<< Maintenance items >>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F/W V1.31 fix

- Accuracy of the internal clock has been improved.
S/W (Windows) V1.01 fix

- The device was not properly recognized using some Windows setups. This has been fixed.
F/W V1.30 fix

- Operation stability has been improved.
F/W V1.20 fix

- Operation stability has been improved."

Will Miho

Firmware updates on Tascam gear not only fix bugs but often include new features, and are accompanied by update docs to the manual (manual addendum & release notes), so maybe go to the website and get your manual up to date.
https://tascam.com/us/product/model_24/download

- Will Miho

New threads

Members online